Wednesday, September 30, 2009

the new ferrari lineup.....

does not have my driver in it but it's ok. It'll be Alonso and Massa heading the scarlet team in 2010. I'm a Kimi tifosi above all else and don't care so much about the team. Does it make me a fairweather F1 fan? I think not. If Kimi was to leave F1, there are still other reasons to watch the sport. I do love McLaren as a team because my earliest memory of F1 was watching Mika Hakkinen in the black McLaren going round Indianapolis. It never occurred to me to support the Ferrari. I have always, from the get-go, been a McLaren driver fan. I guess it's something about the team themselves that pulled me to them. I hate overemotional displays of sentiments and I guess the more sleek, clean, less boisterous image of McLaren Mercedes appealed to me.

Ok, I'm going off on a tangent. The real point of this post was just to say that the Ferrari announcement has saved me about 100 pounds. I was planning on dropping by the Ferrari store in London to buy some Kimi merchandise but since he's no longer with the team, I think I'll refrain from lining their coffers. Might take a look around since he did sign the countertop of the store :) Maybe it was foresight that I never bought any Ferrari paraphernalia while he drove for them. I have a Kimi McLaren shirt that I wore when I watched him race in 2006 and if all goes according to rumours, I might have reason to wear it again. I'm just waiting for the next move. If Kimi moves to a different team, I'm booking my ticket for next year's race.

Oh, I'm stll supporting Ferrari till the end of the year. Kimi's still with the team so there's no question about that but come November, goodbye Ferrari, I was never comfortable with you anyway. Too much emotions running free, too little brainwork going on at the pitwall.