Saturday, September 12, 2009

just another depressing event that affects the fabric of the world

My lame attempt at being philosophical aside, I'm a bit sad about the news of the Yale graduate student, Annie Le, whose missing person status has turned into a homicide case. I was casually following the case and I was hoping that she was just missing but, well, police discovered her body in the building she was last seen in.

From what's been reported in the news, I can't seem to fathom why anyone would want to harm her. But god only knows the motivation behind a gruesome act like murder. It's made particularly sad as she was due to celebrate her wedding today.

Sigh. It's confounding how in one week, what should have been some of the happiest days of her life, ended up the way it did. I pray that they catch the person who did this.