Wednesday, September 1, 2010

i love it and there's nowt else to be said about it!

So.....I've gotten a lot of footwear this year, yes, I have. BUT ONE MORE GORGEOUS ONE DOESN'T HURT SO SHOPPING RESTRAINTS BE DAMNED!

If memory serves, I got a lovely interpretation of the Christian Louboutin Almeria wedge so favoured by celebs, like Reese Witherspoon - the Vince Camuto Edon Wedge sandals for USD39 from Rue La La last month. I have received said wedges and have decided that I do love, love, love Vince Camuto's line. The construction of the pair I received is very well-made and when worn, admittedly, all around the house, is comfortable. Bottom line: One very (and slightly debt-ridden :P) happy camper!

Anyways.....enter Rue La La and their The Final Act sale event - DUNN DUNN DUNN <- my attempt at dramatic music, I think I should stop. Vince Camuto was one of the brands in the event and at first, I didn't even bother to look through the selection and simply browsed disinterestedly through the Juicy Couture event looking at the watch collection on offer. Then I logged out and did my own thing. Till an hour later when my sis, who is also my boss and is in town, gave me a call and started asking me about the Edon wedges I got and if size 10 would be a good buy. Since I had the shoes in my room, I told her to come on over from next door (yes, see how technology has made us sisters sooooo lazy) and give 'em a try.

She appeared at my door and I gave her my shoes to try. I proceeded to go back to Rue La La to have a looksy at how much the Edon costs. And that's when I saw the Vince Camuto "Inca" Leather Wedge Sandal going for the basement price of USD25! From its retail price of 110 smackaroonies! That's a savings of $85! I had loved it when I first laid eyes on it the first time Vince Camuto was on sale on the numerous sample sale sites I frequent a coupla months back but could not bring myself to spend 50 plus on a pair of flat-ish sandals no matter how cool I thought they were. But for 25 bucks and real upper leather, I will spend the $34.95 that I currently don't possess so I can have this vision of flat sandals beauty!


Is it not gorgeous, no? I love the beading and the overall tribal feel the design lends to the sandals. I have grand images of myself traipsing in said sandals pairing it with my new Unionbay cargoes while rocking my new military jacket. Ok, I really can't gush too much about the shoes. There's only 18 more minutes before my ride arrives for work and I have not even showered. Need to mosey it on along so I leave my post with a top view of my new, lurverly wedge sandals.


Isn't the beading and the overall pattern just the funkiest, prettiest thing? L-O-V-E IT! Toodles!