Saturday, June 11, 2011

out and about

Spent the whole day out and about just as the title suggests. Left home at 10:30 with 2 of my colleagues and we went to town to run some errands. Well, really, I was tagging along to get one of my colleagues an iPad keyfolio (a folio style iPad case with a built-in bluetooth keyboard) for his birthday gift. He recently got himself the iPad 1 and while he went to get his iDevice wrapped up, I wanted to go check out the keyfolio. He didn't know that he is gonna be getting that but I made him test it out and pretended I was seriously contemplating buying it.Unfortunately, the outlet we went to had only the display unit left and there was an issue with the spacebar and some other keys so couldn't get that for him today - the shop will bring in a new one from their other outlet so I'll be back there on Tuesday to pick it up along with my firmware upgraded Wii.

Yea, I went to have my Wii firmware upgraded so that I could start playing some of the newer games. Some of the latest stuff I got have not been able to run so I figured since I was headed to the shop to check out the keyfolio, I might as well go send my Wii to be upgraded. I seriously wanna play my Zumba game :)

I was also helping another colleague out with prezzies for his niece and two sisters. His niece was asking for a green tea fragrance but in this country, the choices are rather limited. Forget about there being a L'Occitane or whatnot for us to walk into. It's more of a whatever is in the display kinda situation. In the end, he settled on a miniature of the Estee Lauder Paradise, if I'm not mistaken.

Then we took a walk to the market so he could get his 2 younger sisters crossbody bags. We searched around quite a bit before finding a shop that had a wide selection. Then we spent some time bargaining for a better deal - which we got :D

New iPad owners are always excitable when it comes to their device. Hence, next stop were some mobile phone shops to search for an iPad stylus, lol. He's so cute. We only had to enter one shop.

Then we headed for lunch - had pizza. While we were at the pizzeria, the weather went south and we were stuck at the place for a coupla hours. Luckily, there was free wifi and 2 iPads so I ended up whiling the time away playing Scrabble HD with my other colleague while the new iPad owner downloaded stuff using Installous - yes, yes, it's jailbroken and I did it. I've been spending the past couple of weeks jailbreaking and successfully customizing my own iPad to my own liking. I'm at that point where I think I'm all that and have been offering my 'hacking' services up to anyone who wants to accept it free of charge :D

Anyways, managed to play 2 full Scrabble games before the weather let up and we walked out to find a taxi home. It was a really good, frivolous day in which I spent not a cent from my own pocket :D Hey, it's not like I didn't offer to pay, sometimes these boys are just too chivalrous!