Sunday, June 12, 2011

spoils from Hong Kong

As per usual, when I get too lazy to come up with commentary, I fall back on images to convey the intent of the post. So without further ado, my haul from the company trip to Hong Kong this past May :D


Everything in the collage was gotten from HK except for the black Zara skinnies, the Old Navy long sleeve henley I'm wearing on the inside and my Charles Keith black wedges. I love all the stuff I got but the ones that hold a special place are the H&M poet blouse in soft peach, my peach fish scale pattern bangle (part of a 3 for HKD100 deal at Stanley Market), my H&M cognac leatherette tasseled sash, my LUSH Honey Farm set (which was put together by LUSH in Japan AFTER the tsunami disaster - gotta have respect for the employees to return to work relatively soon after the aftermath!), my Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh EDT, my zip-around Tory Burch wallet and my white skinny pants.

I haven't tried the Clinique BB Cream as yet cos I have soooo many different stuff to finish off first so will be getting to that much, much later. It was my last gasp buy at the HK airport. I was adamant about not bringing back any HKD and was grateful to have seen this at the register as I was paying for my Marc Jacobs EDT. I was intrigued as it was priced at exactly my balance in HKD but I left without getting it as I wanted to see other things in and around the airport. None were as good a choice as the cream though so back I went to get it.

The poet blouse was my first HK pick (discounting 2 bottles of VitaminWater I had bought earlier in the day). I had seen it on hm.com prior to going on the trip and though it was not high on my list of wants, it is the single most adored item from my trip. I can't express how much I'm in love with the hue and style of this blouse. I love pairing it with the fish scale bangle as the shade of the enamel matches the blouse perfectly and since the bangle is gold-tone, totally adds an element of sophistication and class.

Anyways, I don't want to wax lyrical too much on the purchases as this was last month's event and so I decided I'd put up some pics of my gets from the trip and leave it at that. Here's me leaving it at that :D