Saturday, June 11, 2011

spent the morning reading Sarah Palin's emails

Hehehe, yes, I did. I woke up, turned on my lappie then went to make myself a cup of my fave Hazelnut brew while it loaded up. After checking my mail and perusing my blog roll, I went on google news and was deluged by the myriad news headings referring to the newly released Sarah Palin emails whilst she was serving as the Governor of Alaska.

Right, I'm a left leaning conservative - yes, we do exist. What that means specifically for me is that I am as liberal as is religiously possible. Don't ask for an elaboration on that. Anywho, I have come to know the former Republican VP candidate, much as the rest of the world has, through the various media portrayals of her. She comes off as a relatively crazy chick - slightly off her rocker I would say and I'll be honest, I don't believe she'd be anything good for America if she ever held a position of real power within the US administration.

But today, reading those emails that were released, especially the ones prior to her getting her VP nod, she came across as a decent politician - one who wanted the best for the state she governed. It makes me wonder - where is that Sarah Palin? How come the world ended up getting to know the insufferable, bumbling, rightist loon instead of the rather down-to-earth person she comes across as through her emails. I actually sorta liked her :)