Friday, August 10, 2012

retro chic


I was reading a fashion magazine published in my Homeland and came across a feature on shopping deals found online. One of the featured sites caught my attention prompting me to have a look. A look turned into a get :D



I found the dress so appealing. It's totally got a retro vibe which considering my bohemian sinsibilities, I completely fell in love with it. Also, the site had a cash rebate offer for first-timers where you get the equivalent of USD6 off of purchases USD25 and above. The dress cost roughly USD32 after forex conversion but with the cash rebate, it goes down to $28. I thought that was a good enough reason to try out the site :)

The site offers various products, not just apparel but shoes, beauty products and accessories as well. It caters for both men and women as well as kids. This e-tailer carries products by local as well as international brands. For example, my dress is from the international brand Your Runway. Honestly, never heard of 'em before this but I like this one dress enough to purchase it so that's a good start on the whole brand awareness thing. Best part is the company promises free delivery within 2 business days which is a service I find admirable. Ok, 2 business days for locally sourced items and between 5-7 days for international brands. Let's see them deliver on that promise first before further praise is lavished. And that's that.

One last, image of dress screen capped via the site. Also, if it's not clear, since the site address has my Homeland suffix, I am choosing not to reveal the address since I have a very high privacy policy. I get that having a public blog defeats/negates the whole privacy issue but I am the way I am :)