Saturday, October 27, 2012

goin Maracuja crazy



I ordered some Tarte products from their highly raved about Maracuja oil line. I've been liking serums/oils as my facial moisturiser of late. I got the BareMinerals serum a couple months ago which is okay but I've stopped using that in favour of Josie Maran's Argan Oil. I found a bottle my sis left in Workland and have swiped it as my own. I am truly liking the Argan oil. My thoughts on the BareMinerals serum, it's okay, not outstanding but with the JM Argan Oil, I feel like it truly does make my complexion brighter. On that note, I decided to get the Tarte Cold-Pressed 100% Maracuja Oil. The oil retails at USD46 for a 50ml bottle, just slightly cheaper than the JM Argan Oil which retails for $48 and 4 bucks cheaper than the BareMinerals serum.

I figured, my sis doesn't know I used her JM Argan Oil so I can't finish it off. I have a feeling she'll freak if she knows I'm even using it right now, lol. I read that the Maracuja Oil behaves similarly and since I own the Maracuja creaseless concealer which I am loving, I decided that going full-on maracuja couldn't hurt, right? This seller on Amazon had it for $35.00 so I saved 11 bucks on this if I had had to get it off of tartecosmetics.com or QVC.com.

In a similar vein, I also decided to try out the Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation 12-Hour Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in the shade Medium. I wear the concealer in medium and it matches, if a smidge lighter than my skintone. It's pricey at 42 bucks for a 1 oz bottle but the same seller on Amazon I got the Maracuja oil from was selling it for 10 bucks cheaper. I decided to go for it. I was looking for a nicer liquid foundation. I'm suddenly not such a big fan of the Revlon PhotoReady I had been using so figured this would be worth a try.

This Tarte haul amounted to USD71.71 inclusive of $4.71 on shipping and handling. A pretty good savings all around.