Thursday, October 4, 2012

i got the batchel!

Gosh, the word batchel just looks and sounds weird but the bag is not. Well, all in all, that's one of my less incoherent starts to a blog post

Anywho, bugaboo - sheesh I've got baby products on my brain, thanks preggy sis for making me do all your baby/maternity product shopping for ya! Now I have an inordinate amount of info on nipple creams, bottom sprays and c-section balms floating around in my brain! If the thought has floated in the mind - no, I'm not high though I have been pretty doped up what with being out of commission for the past 3 days so perhaps my mind's a lil out there and I really should not be blogging? But I've started so I might as well continue on.....



That's my batchel - it's The Cambridge Satchel Company 15" Leather Mock Croc Batchel. I got it off of Asos.com for GBP125. YES! Pricier than what I originally wanted to spend plus no embossing but in the grand scheme of things, this was a better purchase since I'm into instant gratification (of course, it ain't truly instant gratification but YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN - DON'T MAKE ME EXPLAIN IT! *says Zlena to herself*) and apparently The Cambridge Satchel company website is not. Confused? Apparently it can take up to 30 working days from your order date for you to get your satchel if ordered from the company direct since they make the bags as the order comes in apparently. Since I'm trying to save on the shipping and the waiting and the potential hassle with customs, I decided to find alternative places to get my batchel.

ENTER ASOS.COM! Surprisingly, the site has a pretty badass selection of The Cambridge Satchel bags. They even have some that are 'Exclusive to Asos'. Mine apparently isn't one that is exclusive to Asos but I have not seen it anywhere else either so it appears pretty exclusive to me. And also, it was under the 'Men' category. But who gives two hoots! I say it's unisex! I feel like I need to explain myself in regards to my choice. It's mock croc embossed, that's cool. A plus is that if the bag gets roughed up, the potential defects won't show through so obvious. Apparently the normal smooth leather of the bags will easily show scratches so I knew if I got a smooth matte or patent leather bag I would then be eternally irritated if I had to look at an imperfection every time I laid eyes on a bag I spent 125 frickin pounds on! So that's why I settled for the mock croc in the end. And it's black so it will go with everything! I am going to rock the hell out of this bag, I tell ya!

My sis who is always copying my good taste (even though at first always saying what horrible crap everything I seem to like looks to her) got the 14 in Oxblood satchel which is an exclusive to Asos piece. I turned her onto that one knowing full well that she would definitely fall for the shade. Her satchel was 5 pounds cheaper than my one inch bigger batchel (hehehe, dirrrrty!).

So cos we spent more than 120 pounds, the order qualified for free next day delivery so by noon-ish tomorrow, my batchel and her satchel will have arrived to our contact in Winchmore Hill. I feel like I should be ending this post right here, right now. Zlena OUT!

DISCLAIMER:
As per usual, images do not belong to me so don't sue! The lovely mock croc batchel image was screen capped off of Asos.com :)