Saturday, October 27, 2012

it's been awhile.....

Was busy just living. Plus there was no inclination to blog. Been shopping loads though :D Got stuff from F21.com during the Veterans Day Sale, some things from Beauty.com and drugstore.com respectively, went shopping at H&M as well as F21 stores and also a few travel size Soap & Glory products from Sephora. Ooh, and of course, my TCS batchel from Asos which my sis picked up when she was in London. You'd think that I'm good on the whole spending my money front, right? And don't worry, I'm likely to detail the above shopping escapades in all its painfully minute detail, as I'm wont to do, LOL!

However, for a shopaholic like moi, there's always something else to yearn for. There was something that I desperately wanted from Soap & Glory but knew I wouldn't really have a chance to get my hands on except for when my sis went on her babymoon. But even though she found what i wanted at Boots, she refused to bring it back to Homeland for me. Apparently it's too heavy - whatever *said in the sulkiest teenager-y way possible with petulant eye roll for good measure* Honestly, she had every right to refuse me :) She was already bringing me back the TCS batchel as well as some stuff from Lush - yes, I can be totally ungrateful when I want to. Love you, sis!

I had an inkling that she mightn't bring it back so I decided to scour ebay for any listings and I did find a seller that was sellng this thing that I wanted for GBP49.99 off of the RRP of GBP60. And they shipped to Homeland. So when my sis said she wasn't bringing the thing back for me, I immediately went on ebay to go checkout. Well, I would have if the seller hadn't just changed the listing to ship within the UK only. Great! Now, I'm doubly disappointed!

I guess my sis felt guilty or whatever for not getting the stuff. She started researching freight forwarding companies that operate in the UK and found this company called FowardToMe which has a similar operation to comGateway and HopShopGo. It costs 2 pounds to register. Then she asked me if I really wanted the Soap & Glory The Best Of All Christmas gift set that I had been yakking about. I said I did so she got it off of eBay and had it shipped to the ForwardToMe addy that's based in Preston. Which is close to the small place I used to call home, Lancaster :D

I've been wanting to try out Soap & Glory for yonks now and after getting the travel sizes of Soap & Glory's Glad Hair Day Shampoo and Conditioner as well as the infamous Hand Food, I really wanted to get my hands on some more of the brand's product. When i came across this set, the need to get it was just so strong. It contains a multitude of bestsellers from the Soap & Glory stable - best part is it's all full--size products!



The set is described as the ultimate head-to-toe indulgence kit and includes.....
  1. The Righteous Butter™ Body Butter (300ml) (GBP10.50)
  2. Hand Food™ Hand Cream (125ml) (GBP5.00)
  3. Sugar Crush™ Body Scrub (300ml) (GBP8.00)
  4. Clean On Me™ Shower Gel (500ml) (GBP5.50)
  5. Smoothie Star™ Body Milk (500ml) (GBP10.00)
  6. Heel Genius™ Foot Mask (125ml) (GBP5.50)
  7. Peaches & Clean™ Cleansing Milk (200ml) (GBP7.00)
  8. Super-Colour Sexy Mother Pucker™ Lip Plumper in Punch Bowl (3ml) (GBP9.00)
  9. Thick & Fast™ Super Volume Mascara (10ml) (GBP10.00)

That's a whole lotta stuff (including the snazzy looking zippered box it comes in) and for a very great price too! Individual prices of each product is as I've listed above which totals to GBP70.50 if bought seperately. This set retails for GBP60 but I got it for GBP49.99! Means I save GBP20.51 which can definitely go towards the shipping costs. Okay, so I will end up actually paying GBP56.94 as shipping to Preston is GBP6.95. Nevermind, it's still cool, I still save some money :D So, I'm a happy camper, I really can't wait to get my hands on this!

DISCLAIMER:
Images were screen capped off of www.soapandglory.com.