Monday, March 1, 2010

i caved

I couldn't help myself. I did it, I pre-ordered Lauren Conrad's Kindle version of Sweet Little Lies. I just couldn't help myself. The cutesy cover beckoned to me and I'm just such a sucker for cutesy covers. Especially ones with pink heart shaped candy artfully tossed about.

Not only that, I also went a bit crazy and got an additional 5 Kindle books. I know, I know. I'm just about to finish Model Student and haven't even begun Jen Lancaster's Pretty In Plaid which I got in November but these eBooks are addictive and easy and so, so cool.

It's ok though, the 5 books just totaled $10.95, priced between 99 cents to $2.99. See, though I went bonkers on the buying, I made sure I got the cheap books :D I've actually been getting quite a few of the 99 cents books. There was one that I read titled Faking It by Elisa Lorello which surprised me by how involved I got with her writing. I audibly gasped and talked out loud in front of people while I was reading this book. I was left wanting more after the book ended and was pleased to find out that Elisa Lorello had written a sequel to Faking It called Ordinary World. This was one of the books I got. It was similarly priced at $0.99.

I did some inventory and from the beginning of 2010 till 28th February, I have paid for 16 Kindle books totaling up to USD74.52. These are only the books I had to pay for, there were quite a number of free books that I downloaded as well, about 20 or so. I really have to put a lid on my Kindle spending. But till then.....

Ok, now I'm just waiting for Sweet Little Lies to be available for download. As embarassing as this is, I can't wait to find out what happens next in the lives of Jane and Co.

UPDATE (02/03/2010):
Got my book, got my book, got my book! Am excited! LOL! However, will only start this once I'm done with Learn Me Good. That's not far off from the end so it's most likely I'll get started on Sweet Little Lies by tomorrow. I finally finished Model Student which was a little slow in the beginning but ended up being another really good read, giving me more insight into the lives of those heavenly creatures we call models. I wanted something light and amusing to read next so I started Learn Me Good which is about Jack Woodson, a thermal design engineer laid off from his job who then makes a career change teaching third grade Math & Science at a Dallas public school system in the great State of Texas (y'know, where all the cute guys seem to come from). It is based on the author's (John Pearson) own experiences as an engineer turned educator, a completely hilarious first-person account. I've giggled so much while reading this, it's just too funny :D