Thursday, February 25, 2010

what is in the water in Texas?

Before this I would have said it's just me and my hormones but I think this season of American Idol's Top 12 guys have proven that guys from Texas are usually very good-looking specimens of the male species! Let me do a rundown of the three Texan boys on the show that caught my eye.....

My fave is the delectable Casey James. Yes, I get the attraction, Kara, although not to your level of adoration. Plus, I like that I don't have to feel all squicked out when I ogle him cos he's well within the legal ogling age :D Talking about Casey, I thought, looks aside, that he gave the best performance of the night. I loved his rendition of Bryan Adam's Heaven and he took the weird going-ons at the judges console during his song in stride. Props to Casey.

Then there's Tim Urban. Who I have to say gave a rather painful performance of One Republic's Apologize but I just tuned him out and looked at his cute face instead. It was difficult as I could not help the constant wincing through the song but concentrate hard enough and you'll be able to ignore the terrible singing. Ok, it's nice to pass judgment on someone's singing abilities when it's not yourself up there on that stage. Props for chasing the dream and I hope Tim gets another chance to show America he can actually sing. Felt a lil squicky because he's a babyface but the dude's 20 so I got over it quick.

Last and least (cos I don't fancy him per se but do think he qualifies as a sexy Texan) is Alex Lambert. I keep thinking he's a relation of Adam Lambert (due to the obvious same last name, not a physical resemblance of any sort). He's 19 and is good-looking but no squicky feelings cos I'm not attracted to him. Performance-wise, I felt he was a bit all over the place, it seemed a tad messy, just a tad but definitely better than the aforementioned Tim.

Anyways, my interest in Texan boys came about with the existence of Matthew McConaughey and peaked when I crushed on, then 17, Will Makar who was a Top 24 finalist the year Taylor Hicks won. I felt EXTREMELY squicky then cos there's an 8 year age difference. But he's a cutie pie and it's over anyways. Yet, he opened my mind to the idea that there is a quality about the boys coming out of Texas.....and now that I've seen these new AI alums, I think I can safely affirm that my theory is halfway right :D I do realize that not ALL Texan guys are good-looking. Perhaps its only the ones who make it out of the state and on TV, hehehehe!