Thursday, February 4, 2010

symptoms of a chronic shopaholic

I just realized something weird about myself. When I flip through a magazine, I actively make a conscious effort to search through for something to buy. Is that normal? I mean, I purchase this local magazine every month and when I get my hands on it, I look through with the sole intent of finding something that I would spend my money on.

How I came to this moment of clarity was when I found myself feeling strong disappointment in this month's issue when I did my initial runthrough and found absolutely nothing that caught my eye. Subsequent browsing still produced nothing that I cared for. It leaves me feeling dissatisfied. I don't necessarily go out and buy the product I've set my eyes on, I just like the feeling of coveting something. Since, I coouldn't seem to set my sights on anything in this issue, I went and got the rival magazine, which I only read when I can't get my usual mag, to see if there was anything in it that would catch my attention :)

What does all this say about me?