Tuesday, February 23, 2010

finally found the one!

No, not person, that's not even on the books. The perfect oversized Boyfriend blazer. Well, ok, I need to see it first hand before I can really proclaim it the perfect oversized Boyfriend blazer but according to the measurements, it's looking good that'll it's gonna tick all my criterias.

I got it off of ebay Australia. It's a vintage collarless blazer in black from this famous NZ/Oz brand CUE. Never heard of 'em before this but I did a bit of googling and their current stuff looks pretty good as well.

Anyways, this blazer of mine is from the '80s and is described as being 'in immaculate condition'. I got it for the price of AUD20.50 but with shipping costs me a total of AUD32.17. I guess, when everything is factored in, it's kinda pricey but it's cheaper than buying off the rack and not getting the one that ticks all the boxes.

What are my criterias? Well, firstly, I don't want it to be stiff, it's got to have a slouchy feel. Next, it's got to be 29 inches in length from shoulder to hem because I want the blazer to end mid thigh. Third, still on the measurements, it's got to be at least 17 inches from shoulder to shoulder. I have weirdly broad shoulders and I don't think it's a flattering look when my blazer is too stretched over my shoulder blades. I often have issues with clothes because of this. Fourth, I don't want it to have any funky embellishements, it needs to be a simple black blazer and the fact that it only has one black button as well as the usual three pockets really nudged me into bidding for it. Lastly, and most important because I'm such a lazy git, it has to be machine washable. None of that dry clean only or hand wash business :)

Anyways, I'm simply experimenting so even if I end up not liking it, I guess it won't feel like too much of an investment but I have high hopes I'm going to love it to death. Absolutely can't wait to get my hands on it. Hopefully it'll be waiting for me when I'm home for the holidays in the second week of March. Crossing fingers!