Thursday, February 4, 2010

i really shouldn't but i did

Buy a new bag, that is. I know I already own a ton of handbags but I just can't get enough of 'em. At least I'm not promising a no-bag-buying policy for 2010. I've learned my lesson on not making promises I'm bound to fail miserably to keep :D

And it isn't a particularly expensive piece. I've been lusting over quilted bags, namely Marc Jacob's Stam which at the minimum price of over 1.5K is really pushing the threshold of how much I'm willing to spend on arm candy. To quell this thirst and divert my attention from taking that 1.5K plunge, I thought I'd tide it over with a more than affordable choice.

I've been trawling blog shops for the past few days. I'm a girl on a mission, seemingly not wanting to rest until I finally spend my meagre money on something (somehow, buying Kindle books does not give me that feeling of satisfaction of a physical purchase). And I found the something I wanted to spend my money on - a Chanel inspired quilted shoulder bag in beige. And it only cost me USD12.63 inclusive of postage!


I love how cheap it is and because of that, I'm planning on making modifications to it, make it a lil bit more personal by pinning some studs on it to give it a bit of an edge from that whole ladylike vibe Chanel classics have. Perhaps something along the lines of the bag below.


I'm hoping I won't ruin it but if it does get trashed during my DIY process then it won't make me cry so much :D

Disclaimer:
The pic of the bag is from the blogshop I purchased from. I credit them but prefer to not name names since I am blogging anonymously :P And the inspiration bag comes courtesy of MSN Style Files sourced from a place called Cats Whiskers.