Wednesday, February 3, 2010

getting back to study mode.....

In this post, I mentioned my boss wants me to get my industry certification by the end of the year so I figure I have to start buckling down and begin. There's 7 courses and each course is about 16 and more chapters long.

It's an online course. Free to read but the exams are pricey. Just one module averages 350 euros. So before I make the commitment to take said exams, I better be sure I know my stuff. To get into the swing of things, right after I landed on Tuesday morning, I headed to the bookstore and got myself a nice new notebook so I could take notes. Although the course material is all provided for online, I prefer the traditional methods of reading things on paper so for the past 2 days I've been transcribing. It's been so long since my fingers have done active writing so it's cramped up a coupla times and I've had to shake out the stiffness :P

What surprises me most is the fact that I'm actually not falling asleep going through my chosen first module. I mean, it's not the most interesting of subjects but the fact that I don't seem to yawn through it kinda makes me wonder.....it's definitely yawn-worthy stuff. I guess I should be grateful, perhaps it's the expensive cost of the exam that is a motivating factor. Plus, if I don't do well, the company will make me reimburse them :D

Anyways, it's been quite seamless, the whole getting back into the swing of things. If I'm really honest, I've been enjoying taking down the notes and looking through the pages of stuff I've written down and admiring my handwriting :P LOL, what a self-praising dork I am!