Sunday, February 7, 2010

rounds of drinking and dancing

One of my new colleagues got married yesterday and last night the office as a whole attended his wedding reception. As per usual with weddings in this country, there was a whole lotta drinking and being merry. Being merry involves getting on the dance floor and grooving along to the live band.

Despite my many earlier statements of this being a non-dancing event for me and my numerous protestations come boogie time (yes, I've decided to adopt disco lingo), I was harassed, coerced, cajoled into six turns on the dancefloor. And despite my reluctance, I still enjoyed myself. As I always do when I attend these functions. Plus, you really can't deny the bridegroom when he comes up and request you as his partner himself, right?

CONGRATULATIONS P!