Sunday, February 7, 2010

i've been feeling nostalgic.....

for the good 'ol days when Kimi Raikkonen was still in F1. So, I should get over it, I know. And at least he is still doing motorsports but as I finished a download of 2009 Rally Finland where Kimi made his very impressive rally turn, it made me feel longing for the easy access of info and clips and news of F1.

Perhaps I'm just making it harder on myself because some part of me really wanted him to continue driving in Formula 1 so I wouldn't have to "lose" the sport. I love F1 and I know I'm giving up the sport on my own volition because I can't bare to watch it without Kimi. So I really shouldn't whine. And there's Rally as a replacement. I'm not averse to gaining a new sport albeit one that is utterly foreign to me in every way. What in the world are pacenotes and how can Kimi, or any driver concentrate for that matter, with someone yakking constantly, reading from a piece of paper beside them? And as much as I like watching the car drift around on the dirt/snow, I quite miss the on track competition, the passing ON the track, the dogfight, the side-by-side, wheel-to-wheel stuff.

But as I watched Kimi's interviews and saw how relaxed and easygoing he appeared ON CAMERA; looking completely happy, which for anyone who knows how he is with the media, it's simply not his usual behavior, I felt happy to see him doing something which put a genuine smile on his face. Which is why I am willing to dive in and learn WRC along with him. Pacenotes and all :)

Like I've mentioned before, I'll follow Kimi whereever he wishes to go. I do wonder at the hold he has on me.....not any one sportsperson I've supported before him has had the same effect as he has. Do well in Rally Sweden this weekend, Kimi! I'll try to find a download :D