Sunday, February 7, 2010

can everybody say "WOW!"?

I was watching a repeat of the 52nd Grammys today and I was completely blown away by all the performances!

My fave would be Green Day and the cast of American Idiot performing 21 Guns followed by Bon Jovi's trifecta, the MJ tribute featuring MJ's voice, Celine Dion, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson and Usher, The Dave Matthews Band performance of You & Me, David Foster, Mary J Blige and Andrea Bocelli doing Bridge Over Troubled Water for Haiti Relief and oh, everyone was great except for Black Eyed Peas, whose performance I just wasn't feeling and the minor issues during Taylor Swift's turn.

I find this year's show to be of the most artistic quality in recent years. I was just sooo impressed. Never woulda guessed Pink could be such a performer and I'm just realizing that Lady Gaga can really sing and is not just a gimmicky quirk. Watching the show made me realize that I have a higher regard of musicians versus actors in terms of artistic value because I feel people in music are truly creators of art as opposed to actors whom I feel are more vehicles of art, as in they carry out the work of the real artists; the writers. But what do I know, really :)