Sunday, February 7, 2010

the next best thing to black

I first found out about the holy grail of credit cards, the AMEX Black card, while watching an epi of Gilmore Girls and it was mentioned that Logan Huntzberger was a holder.

My initial reaction was ambivalent and it still is, I'm not particularly into credit cards as status symbols as such. But what I am into are credit cards that provides me services that benefit me greatly. Such as credit cards allowing me to purchase from US-based sites that don't allow credit cards outside the US let alone ship outside the States.

That's why when my sis offered me a supplementary on her Platinum AMEX, I didn't bite UNTIL I found out about the whole online shopping perk! When I went back for work last week, she handed me the small booklet detailing the benefits and perks of being an AMEX Platinum cardholder specifically pointing out the abovementioned. I didn't bother to look at the other special features after that. Alright, if I'm honest I did squeal when she told me AMEX Platinum cardholders get access to F1 paddocks worldwide but once I remembered F1 no longer has Kimi Raikkonen, I was all, "Meh, whatevs!"

I'll be getting my new card soonish and I can't wait to test it out. I know just the site to try it; gilt.com. I have wanted to buy stuff from them numerous times but was hindered by the whole not being a citizen-of-the-US thing. It always makes me feel like I'm trying to give you money and you refuse, it makes me sad :(, LOL! Makes having a membership there extremely pointless but if what the AMEX Platinum brochure says is true than I can definitely maximize Gilt to its fullest advantage!

UPDATE:
LOL, well, I don't have the card but I already know I'm not gonna be buying anything on Gilt. Apparently the AMEX service, it's called globaleshop, uses comGateway as the merchant that facilitates and Gilt is not one of the online stores on their list. Boohoo but they do have Charlotte Russe, Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Urban Outfitters, Tiffany, American Eagle, Wet Seal, 6pm and other interesting stores that I've wanted to shop at but wasn't able to. So no Gilt is fine with me :)