Tuesday, February 22, 2011

a bag a month

Or so it's starting to seem like. Last month I decided to get a cute, and insanely cheap, hobo bag from Forever 21. I haven't even seen it yet but today, after looking over at the Corso Como event on Haute Look, my sis and I both ended up with the Corso Como Payson Large Flap Bag. In different colours, of course. My sis went for basic black while I mulled over the choclate brown and grey stone hue, eventually settling on the one below:


I think it's so cute - the colour seems more lavendar than grey which I do like. I'm just happy I got a non-black bag. I think overall the bag has a very boho-chic esthetic. The exterior is a combo of lizard-embossed leather and suede while the lining is cotton. In the image with the multiple views of the bag that I painstakingly print screened off of endless.com, the lining has a floral motif that is very Liberty of London-esque. And my most favourite feature - the detachable fringe pouchette that can be converted into a clutch or a mini cross-body bag. LOVE! That makes this bag like a 3-in-1!

I think what really convinced me to get this was the AMAZING price. The RRP for this bag is valued at USD298.00 as, after all, it is a genuine leather and suede bag. Haute Look was selling this for the very bargain basement price of 73 BUCKS! That really made my debilitating pain in my ear cease a bit :)

Anyways with shipping that was divvied by 2, my total amounted to $77.48. Is that not a deal or what?