Sunday, February 13, 2011

i'm not gloating but if it comes off as that i'm sorry!

So the company's performance appraisal came and went in late January and overall I was happy with the outcome of my review. Although I did not score the highest out of my peer group (I came in third) that's ok, sometimes the scope of our responsibilities are too different to judge solely on our positions.

Anyways, during the end of our kick-off weekend presentation day, the bosses distributed our salary review letters and can I just say, THANK YOU GOD ALMIGHTY!

I have to say that I was kinda dazed right after reading the letter and wasn't able to process the contents until a couple hours later as we were whisked off to lunch and then the beach immediately after but once we returned to the hotel later that night and I was able to re-read the letter, I have to say that it started to really sink in for me. I am sooo happy with the increase I received and am seriously hoping that I finally have enough to comfortably shop and save all in one! Lol, yup, I do know how to prioritze :D

I was curious to see what the average salary increment was like and was kinda surprised to find out that most places offer a 5% increase and some places cap increments. It just made me thankful that no such thing happens where I work and our reviews are based on our performance for the working year. When the company rewards you justly for your service, you tend to be more fired up to serve and it builds loyalty. That's how I feel anyway.

So just thank you, Bosses, thank you so much for believing in me as much as you have shown!