Saturday, February 19, 2011

FINALLY!

I FINALLY SCORED MYSELF THE CORSO COMO FESTIVE BALLET FLATS!!!!!


I had waited and paced myself for months after the disappointing encounters with both Shoes.com and Piperlime but in the end (hehehe, Linkin Park - no, it DOES NOT get old :D) the amazon of the eCommerce world, Amazon.com (who DID NOT see that coming???) came through for me! I got my shoes for a 25% discount at an already reduced price. Granted, the sale price wasn't that much different - it was selling for $57.15, it's actual RRP is usually stated as $59.99 or an even $60. But with the 25% off, I got it for the very impressive price of $42.86 :D

Amazon.com was having a shoes promo - get 25% off any shoes order of above $80 with purchase of qualifying shoes. Now, I know, the flats are only $57.17, what else did I get to qualify for the discount, right? Well, my aunt had tried on my sister's flats a few weeks ago and was also in love with the style and comfort it afforded and when I told her it was going for a discount, she said she wanted to get a pair as well. She got hers in a size 7 as my sister's size 8 was a bit loose for her and I got mine in a size 9 cos my sis encouraged me to size up despite my testing her 8 and being satisfied - she said I just tested in the house and I hadn't truly walked around in them yet so I followed accordingly. I'm a dutiful sister, I am :P

So my aunt getting the shoes as well totally solved my $80 minimum dilemma. The purchase of the flats qualified me for Amazon.com's free super saver shipping so that got a big whoop (totally vibing the '90s here :D) from me!

Aside from that, I also got my niece's birthday present which was also under the free super saver shipping. Hanni Bunny's totally going to have a conniption when she sees her new V Tech Disney Princess Magical Learning Laptop.

I had gotten my nephew one of those toy laptops with learning activities for his birthday present a few years ago but now that there are 3 hyperactive kids, a whole lotta fights are going on for face time with the toy. My sis suggested I get her this cos the last time the lil 4 year old tyke was having a push-pull competition with her bigger sis, she got knocked on her head with it. As such, I decided to get her a lappie of her own - and her elder sis will go green with envy, MUAHAHAHAHA! Yes, I'm evil as an aunt but Poopie will get something equally cool when her birthday comes around.

Anyways, I am so excited for my niece, my aunt and myself! We scored good!