Saturday, January 30, 2010

my other shopping obsession


Aside from my newfound love affair with Amazon's Kindle store, I am keeping up an old romance with Strawberrynet. In the past two months, I've bought stuff from them three times. It's the promo emails that get me all the time. Plus they keep promising me more discounts atop of the discounts and discounted prices that it makes me go a bit nuts.


Not all of the stuff was for myself. The first and third order were bought as birthday gifts. Well, except for the Elizabeth Arden Green Tea 100ml EDP. That's just a lil something something for me. It's $17.50 with a 10%, 5% and then an additional 5% off, I couldn't resist. I am trying to polish off all my other scents and hopefully this is the last bottle I purchase till I can finish off at least either my Gwen Stefani L or my Lancome Oui.

I bought the Bliss Blood Orange + White Pepper set as gifts not only because of the fantastic deal price but because I'm using that particular bath set myself and love it. Just thought I'd spread the love to those girlfriends of mine that would appreciate the scent. I purchased the YSL Lip Twins for a girlfiend of mine who I think has the most luscious lips; completely enviable and these will only enhance their gorgeousness. The Bourjois Wish You Were Here palette is a birthday gift for my former colleague and roomie; the one who left "The Company" after getting married. I saw her in December during my sister's wedding where she was a bridesmaid and she was saying how low key her makeup stuff is right now so I think a nice cute makeup palette will perk her up :D

The Stila stuff is pure indulgence for me. C'mon USD7.50 for a stick of foundation? How could I resist getting two of 'em?!? I'm glad I got two cos the price for the Perfecting Foundation is back to normal and it's 29 bucks. The Eye Shadow Trio - Bronze Glow palette price has gone up as well to USD21. I can't believe my total for 2 Perfecting Foundation sticks and the Eye Shadow Trio in Bronze Glow is less than the cost of the normal priced palette! I received the Stila stuff when The MD came up for the Kickoff meeting and can say without a doubt that I'm completely in love with the Perfecting Foundation. I love how it lasts througout the day and doesn't leave my skin greasy. Haven't put the palette to use as yet but next weekend I have a colleague's wedding to attend so that's its first test run.