Friday, January 29, 2010

thoughts on things i'd like to own

I've been thinking quite a bit of what to do with my money. Well, aside from continuing the responsible stuff (i.e: insurance, savings, study loan repayments), I've been contemplating the more frivolous things I want to do with my money.

First up is, I want to buy a projector. For my poor Wii which hasn't been touched since the company projector which I had been using to play with was taken away from me in May of last year :P It's a $650 investment, I've been thinking long and hard about it and have finally decided that this is definitely the year that I'm getting one.

Next on the list of frivolous things I want to buy is the Wii Rock Band game set. I want to emulate my pretend boyfriend Rob Bourdon. I want, to quote Bourdie, "beat the shit out of the skins". I'm still hesitating because well, I don't particularly feel like playing on my small TV. So, projector needs to come first before the rawking can commence.

I've been on a complete shoe bend. I just keep seeing all sorts of shoes in magazines, on the Net, on other people's feet that I just seem to covet. Currently on my shoe craze list is a pair of oxford platform booties, a nude platform pump; simple round toe or peep toe style, Crocs Rio Wedge in black (which is proving to be such a sellout) and a pair of motorcycle/riding/rain (yes, I want Hunter's wellies) knee-high boots. I don't really need any more shoes so I might just contain myself to the Crocs cos I did try them on sometime last year and they made my feet look fab. Plus, it's got major height and it's a wedge. Gotta love the height with minimum heel pain.

Fourth on my list of wants is the perfect long boyfriend blazer. I know the perfect one. I just don't seem to want to spend the nearly $60 it'll cost to own it. It's the boyfriend blazer from the label "Necessary Objects". It's been recommended by a number of style maven blogs and I know of a site where I'd be able to get it but well, the price makes me think about it a couple times.

What's my list without some handbags that I want to put in my collection. Number one on that list is Marc Jacobs Stam. I figure, I've seen a quilted Chanel up close and personal and was not swayed but I swoon over the quilted Stam. I want the Stam; either in electric blue or basic black. I also want the Foley+Corinna Mid City Tote in Butterscotch. I've loved it since....I can't remember when but it was definitely sometime in early 2007. The ultimate in my bag-buying wishes but is as yet too out of my price range to consider seriously is an Intrecciato hobo from the covetous Bottega Veneta. That weave just sets my heart aflutter. They're just soooooo beautiful. Honourable mention also goes out to the Balenciaga City and Chloe Paraty. I LOVE the version of the City officially known as Balenciaga Arena Giant Maxi Besace that Taylor Jacobson of "The Rachel Zoe Project" fame carried in season 2. Am also bananas about the Chloe Paraty which I did manage to try on my shoulders in London; it's mucho heavy as is many of Chloe's creations. If I had to choose, I'd go for the Balenciaga. Lastly, I covet a range of handbags from YSL. The Muse, Muse II, Rive Gauche and Roady are my faves but alas, like the BV's; too pricey. I'd settle for the YSL envelope purse but even that is not accomodating on the wallet. Out of all the bags I listed, which ones are realistic gets? Well, for this year, I'd say none but in the future, I could definitely see a Stam and the Mid City tote in my collection.

Speaking of purses, I need (ok, want) a new long wallet so that I can give my poor pen marked Coach Hampton lilac purse a much needed break. I'm pissed at myself for making that pen mark that has marred the surface of my beloved. I'm not sure what I'd like to get in lieu of my Coach though. I just know I want one in a dark hue.

And while we are on the subject of accessories, I do want to buy the Oliver Peoples Sofiane. If my sis doesn't tire of her black Sofiane soon and pitch them my way, I think I will just go and get the tortoiseshell version for myself.

Which also leads me to jewelry. Now this I'll definitely do. I want to buy either a nice ring or bracelet for myself. Preferably in gold but white gold will do as well. I saw this white gold ring in a magazine which isn't too pricey, about 499 bucks. It's a modern design and has three diamonds. At that price, I'll bet that the diamonds are miniscule :P Or low clarity. On the bracelet, I still want that Tiffany bead bracelet. That's too much out of my price range to be paying cash for so perhaps it'll wait till I visit the States again. Whenever that'll be.

And of course, since Kindle has managed to weasel itself into my life, I have a ton of digital prints I want, want, want. Fourteen Kindle books to be precise. Fourteen Kindle books retailing at an average USD9.99 a piece. Times 14 that's going to leave me with an estimated 140 bucks of credit card charges for electronic books. Still can't get over the fact that I can't touch the books physically. Small doses of Kindle spending doesn't remind me of the fact too much but if I were to drop 140 dollars in one go, well, that'll probably make me cry a bit about the lack of paper between my fingers.

So that's about all I can think of at this present moment. Not like I haven't practically listed a very long set of wants. Let's see how many can come true :)