Saturday, January 30, 2010

of experiments and failure

I'm sad and feel like a bit of a failure. I was experimenting with making a bell pepper, spinach, tomato tuna tart and everything else turned out great except the Fillo pastry isn't looking like it wants to brown to me.

Ok, so maybe I'm talking prematurely, there's about 15 minutes of baking time left out of the 25 minutes so it could turn out beautifully at the end but the early prognosis doesn't look too promising. I felt as if I smeared on A LOT of butter on each of the 6 layers of pastry sheets I used but somehow, it doesn't look golden to me just yet.

I dunno if baking it using a convection oven rather than a traditional oven is the difference but it shouldn't be cos I have baked a cake in the convection oven and it turned out fine.

UPDATE:



Lookswise, it's not the prettiest of tarts but the taste is good if I can actually say that about my own cooking ;P