Thursday, August 19, 2010

it's my sister's middle child's birthday today.....

so I'm doing my usual birthday shoutout to my darling, stubborn and totally diva-esque five year old niece, Sophia. And here, we go.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SOPHIE POOPIE PIE!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

I love you mucho, mucho, mucho much and I will get you something nice for a prezzie. Perhaps a baby doll since on my last visit back she was playing baby with her brother's Spiderman action figure :D

Anyways, I was calling the Homeland house early this morning so I could personally sing her her birthday tune but for the first 45 minutes, no one was picking up the house phone. Nor their mobiles so I was getting a bit pissy but then at around about 8 am their time, the phone was picked up by their nursemaid and she immediately passed the phone over to Poopie (not sure she's gonna be appreciating this nickname much once she gets old enough to understand the other meanings attached to this word) and she sounded all demure and sweet while talking to me - though she did mistake me for my elder sis (yet again). I think I'm pass the point of being offended. Sometimes the kids call me Mom and I just ignore them. Anyways, I sang her the requisite birthday song and we chatted for a bit but then I had to get ready for work and she had to go to her kindergarten class so that was that.

Can't wait to go back for my offical holiday next month! Miss all my surrogate kiddies :)