Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ok, perhaps shopping will stop after this!

Who am I kidding? Really? Why do I like to make bold proclamations to have them spat back in my face?

Ok, the reality is, I haven't gotten anything new as yet but I sure am tempted when I saw the following ad on one of my fave sample sale sites.


Mulberry For Target on Gilt!!!!! I can't help but be excited about it! The collection is meant to drop at Target on October 10 (or Oct 24, I forget which) but for some unknown reason, Target has teamed up with Gilt to offer Gilt members a first right of refusal (so to speak) to their Mulberry For Target collection.

The collaboration between the British luxury brand and Target was announced back in June and I was surprised to hear that a high profile name like Mulberry would actually make a diffusion line with a store like Target. Yes, I know, that's a snooty comment. But snooty or not, good on all of us cos now, those who never thought they could own a Mulberry piece can go ahead and own one! Apparently this collection will feature handbags made out of denim, velvet and canvas - no leather so as to keep the price point affordable whilst still maintaining the high quality craftsmanship of a Mulberry piece. I did read somewhere that the trimmings might be leather but since this capsule line has been very hush hush (no price range was even announced, just a mention of affordability) so first looks have been a no show.

I'm quite excited for this collaboration as I have enjoyed the two pieces I've gotten from Mulberry. I'm hoping there is a Bayswater handbag in this collection. Although I already own the East-West Bayswater, a full-sized Bayswater in canvas/denim would definitely make my handbag collection more interesting. Now, I've made it clear that if I'm paying top dollar for a handbag, I am damn well gonna be getting myself a leather piece so in this case, if it truly is affordable, I get to own a different material without paying monstrous amounts of money :D

So, just like I did for my Cynthia Vincent For Target Gladiator wedges in Cognac, I will be stalking the Gilt website this Friday at noon ET; the exact moment the event begins. Hopefully there'll be a piece that I'd like to own for a price that I'll like to pay!

UPDATE (19/08/2010):
The Mulberry For Target collection will be available at Target and Target.com beginning October 20th 2010. Thought I might as well get the correct date out there :) Also, saw some pics of what's on offer and currently, am loving the look of the blue denim and patent Bayswater best. Ok, I only managed to find two images of pieces from the collection and the other one was a velvet and patent Bayswater in black which, though looked quite nice, did not appeal to me as much - hence the "look quite nice" comment ;)

UPDATE (23/08/2010):
Right. How shall I word this in the nicest possible way - You Americans are just crazy and have mad online sample sale shopping skills that I simply cannot compete with! It wasn't even a minute, A MINUTE - I swear to God Almighty that I'm not lying about this, and EVERYTHING WAS SOLD OUT! I do not know how that happens because I was in that event right on the dot of noon ET and at the time that I clicked on the Large Denim satchel it appeared to still be available but the moment I added to cart, I was told it was sold out. And a minute hadn't even passed yet. So, I tried again. And again and again and again...the gist is gotten, no? Basically, I will be waiting for the collection to drop on October 10th (yes, I kept getting the release dates wrong) with the rest of the poor saps who were just as baffled as I was :) Crazy, I tell ya!!