Sunday, December 26, 2010

finally here!

All my lurverly LUSH stuff has just arrived.....via my boss! Lol, my boss is so cool, he'll bring along mostly anything that's passed on to him :) Also arriving was my Skin79 BB Cream, a purchase influenced by MissGlamorazzi from Youtube. But more of it next time, first let's talk LUSH!

So I actually got my LUSH stash a week back but I am only putting this post up now cos I wanted to test drive some of it first. First up is the Winter Warmer gift set. The more I waited to receive the LUSH gets, the more I found myself looking forward to this one more. So this is the first box I opened. And I am incredibly impressed with both items; the Mandarin Tea Party soap and the Glogg 3-in-1 gel.

First of all, I tried the Glogg first as I can't resist anything with a cinnamon scent. I used it as a shampoo and a shower gel and I have to say that the scent is heavenly! It is a really spicy scent which makes the whole bathroom smell like Christmas :) The scent also lingers on the skin for a long time and when used as a shampoo, even longer!


The Mandarin Tea Party soap is also wonderful. I am truly impressed with the longevity of the scent on my skin. I use it on myself in the mornings before I go to work and even when I'm preparing for a shower that evening, I can still smell the scent on me! The bar I received is huge but as LUSH products are not infused with chemicals, they tend to melt faster so I will monitor the longevity of this product before I claim it as an A+. Scent-wise though it smells so delicious, I love taking whiffs of my arm throughout the day and it most likely has my colleagues baffled as to what I'm doing inhaling the skin of my forearm all the time, hehe. It is more of a glycerin-ish type soap than a creme so it does not lather up into suds much.


Next is my Snow Fairy gift set. I haven't opened this as yet cos I'm going to try to finish off the Winter Warmer products first. By the looks of it, I won't have long till I'll have to open this gift set. My sis, who got the bigger Snow Fairy set, is very much in love with the scent so I'm quite excited myself to try that out. I'm also eager to test out the soap as well. The Shimmy Shimmy massage bar is something I'm ambivalent about. I am not a regular when it comes to applying moisturiser on my body so this product, although intriguing, I don't know if I'd buy again after I've tried it. But really, i think I should reserve judgement till I've actually tested it out. Who knows, perhaps, it'll make me change my lazy moisturising habits :)