Wednesday, December 8, 2010

my last online purchase before i got banned

Nothing serious, just banned by my sister who is the primary cardholder. I didn't tell her I was making a 200 dollar purchase and she was surprised, to say the least, when she saw the charge go through on her online statement, lol. I am not entirely sure why it's such a big deal since it's not like I'm saddling her with the bill to pay at the end of the month :)

Anyways, discount codes are my achilles heel. I had this limited time 30% off discount with no minimum from Spiegel.com and it was going to end in about 5 hours. It's about to be 7 am where I am and I managed to complete a lil bit of shopping before I went off for work. How crazy am I, lol?

So I decided to browse around the Newport News outlet but nothing interesting was there. Then I thought to take a look at the Shape FX products on offer. I had been thinking of getting one of those slimming shapewear from the Lytess for Shape FX line. I had been reading about the line here and there and was curious to try it out. I wanted to see if it would really help out with my hips which are a problem area for me. Now, I am by no means, overweight or actually have a weight issue, but like many women out there, I could use a lil bit of conditioning and toning. However, a lifetime of bad habits make change difficult to enforce so on top of my own efforts, I feel I need a lil bit of a nudge via other measures. And that's where Lytess for Shape FX comes in.

The Lytess for Shape fx® line are slimming shapewear that have caffeine-infused microcapsules within the fabric. The microcapsules act to mobilize fats. The Lytess for Shape fx® apparel also contains shea butter which moisturizes and smoothes the skin. Through clinical studies conducted, it is purported that wearing a Lytess for Shape fx® shapewear can result in a size reduction up to 1.5" on waist and up to 2.1" on hips after only 21 days.


I decided to go for the Lytess for Shape fx® Slimming Capri Pants. It is high-waisted and covers the legs all the way to mid-calf. This basically targets a number of areas on my body which could do with some help - my tummy, my hips, thighs and my calves. I figure, for the sixty dollar price tag it has attached to it, I might as well get something that will give me bang for my buck :) With the 30% off discount though, I just have to pay $42. I got this in the size S/M. This item is currently not in stock though and will only be shipping out in January 2011. That's totally fine by me - I just wanted to make sure I could use the 30% discount to get the item for cheap. This means I'll still only pay $42 only when the item is being prepped for shipment. If that's only in January, it will not appear in this month's billing cycle and thus provide a reprieve from having to pay for it from this month's salary too.

I also decided to get the Seamless Square-Neck Top by Shape fx®. I can't find the image for this on the website anymore so I'm guessing it's all sold out now. It was on sale for USD20.99 but with my discount I will only be charged $14.69. I got this to use as innerwear when I'm wearing sheer tops. I wanted something in a thin material and since this is a shapewear, all the better for it. I got this in a size S/M as well.

I have to say that i really like the Shape FX range. My first shapewear was from SPANX and though it is perhaps the most popular range of shapewear, I am kinda going to go out on a limb and say that I prefer the Shape FX line. I got the Sleek and Seamless Tunic-Length Tank Top by Shape fx® a month ago and I love it. I purchased it in a size S and it fits well and hides a multitude of sins. I am a borderline size S for tops and most of the time I end up in an M but for shapewear I figure I should go a size smaller. Else, what's the point of shapewear.

At checkout, my total was USD58.64 inclusive of the $1.95 handling charge. I hope that this order will hold up considering it's going to be some time before I'll actually get the items. I think some e-tailers tend to cancel such orders. I hope Spiegel will uphold it as well as the 30% discount. Only time will tell.....