Monday, December 6, 2010

further holiday deals tripping me up

And the buying never stops! Hehe, well after getting the iPad, I kinda figured I would need to accessorize so I did. And when I start accessorizing, I end up getting other things as well. I am beyond being saved :D

Anyways, last month's billing cycle has closed so I decided to just get the rooCase iPad cover in magenta from Overstock.com while my welcome 10% discount was still deemed valid. After making this purchase, man, I seriously can't wait to get my zebra vinyl decal as well as this rooCase. Can you imagine how gorgeous the combo of zebra fur print will look against the hot pink-purplish hue of the rooCase folio?? Seeing the 2 images I uploaded of the items respectively in the previous post already has me in a tizzy about the potential aesthetic greatness of the duo.



Of course, it didn't just end with the iPad case.....

I have mentioned this item before on this blog and I finally just decided I will not overthink it too much and just get the thing before it went out of stock. What could I possibly be talking about? Well, it's this.....


Yup, that's the MICHAEL Michael Kors Oversized Runway Watch in gold. I have lusted over this watch for close to three years now and finally - in Zlena's Year of Living Frivolously - I have succumbed to my longings, said "To Hell with it!" and got myself the darn watch. Three years is a long enough wait - if you're still wanting it after three years means you really, really want it. The $187.99 price tag really helped to nudge me as well :)

After discounts, I was charged $201.58 for the two items which, when put into perspective, is nearly 50 bucks cheaper than the RRP of the watch itself. Basically, what I would have paid if I had gone the Bloomies/Nordstroms route. I have looked on Overstock.com many times before but had never found this watch to be available till this holiday season. I had initially chosen the regular sized version of this watch but as I waited for the next billing cycle to begin, the watch sold out. I had admired this larger one as well but was, and still am, worried it might look too ostentatious. However, I will make it work regardless cos the fact is, money has been spent - no time for regrets and even if there are some, it's basically useless. Again, all dependant on whether the charge goes through - been having bad luck with the AMEX for the past coupla days so I really don't know if the actual charge will pass or otherwise.

I am truly hoping that this charge will go through mainly cos I am starting to really want that watch. My Tag Heur has been acting up lately and I would love to get my hands on this MICHAEL Michael Kors watch as a backup to my Tag. Right now, all I can do is wait and see. Fingers crossed that Overstock.com is a go :)

UPDATE (08/12/2010):
Well colour me surprised! After the rejections I've been getting from Sephora, Bath & Body Works, Piperlime, Haute Look and other e-tailers that refused to accept my AMEX, I am slightly stunned that this charge on Overstock.com has gone through. Woohoo....?

UPDATE (09/12/2010):
The watch is already in Oregon - just not yet delivered to my Portland addy. Geez, that was super quick! The rooCase is coming in a seperate shipment and is in Carson, California I think as of my last check. It has basically not left the state from whence it hails, lol. And I also just got an email with another 10% discount from Overstock.com as a thank you for my first purchase. Man, I am starting to become uneasy with these discount codes - they're making me shop too much, lol. But my sis has banned me from shopping after my Overstock.com charge went through. It's the single biggest charge I've actually made online so she told me that I'm not allowed to buy anything till the new billing cycle opens next month, hehehe. I'm ok with it though. I also feel I should take a bit of a breather.