Thursday, December 9, 2010

when i see it like this.....


Yea, even I can't believe the amount of stuff I buy online, hehehe. Ok, to be fair, that is the collective shopping of all three of us sisters. Eleven packages total this shipment, I think the comGateway and DHL employees think we're nuts!

In this collection are my two Forever 21 purchases. The top row is from the first package and the bottom row is from the Black Friday buy. I am loving the look of every single item I got despite the fact that the linen pants from my first package might be a lil tight. It was on clearance for $6.99 and I liked the laid-back look it had so despite knowing I would be completely sure with an L, I got the M cos that was the only biggest size available and I really liked them. My sis tried 'em on and she says it's tight in the thighs for her and she can't zip em up. I'm only a size smaller than she is - to be fair, she has given birth to 3 kids - and despite that we usually can fit the same pants size so it's a bit of a concern that she is having issues with these pants. It might be ok for me but till I can get my legs in them (hehe), the fit'll just be a mystery. Perhaps it'll serve as motivation to exercise and trim down my hips, lol.


I'm also really liking the 2 maxi dresses though I was unaware that there was a slit on the side. I am planning on getting the slit sewn up cos I like my casual long dresses to just have a full skirt. I was worried the dresses would be short and hang awkwardly but according to my sis they are "sweeping the floors", lol. I might have to get the length altered as well. It's good luck that I have an amazing tailor I can trust to make the alterations :).

The Black Friday haul also looks good on first impressions. My sis is really happy with her two slouchy cardies and from the pics of mine, I am loving the look of them too. I love blazers and as these cardies have a blazer feel to them, I am swooning at the thought of pairing these with my long dresses. I think the combo will be gorgeous. And last but not least is my slouchy striped tee. Oh my, I love, love, love the overall feel this tee presents. I think it looks like the most perfect slouchy oversized tee in the history of oversized tees. Yes, melodrama is coming out full force. Over an $11.99 oversized striped tee from Forever 21. I think it has a very simple casual feel ala Ella Moss. Which is also the feel I get off of the two slouch cardies as well. I think Ella Moss makes gorgeous basic pieces but her prices are beyond what I'm willing to pay. If I can have something that reminds me of Ella Moss at a price point I can handle, I'll take what Forever 21 has to offer.


Then we come to the remaining two items from my first Forever 21 purchase. The embroidered motif top and the cascading faux pearl necklace. These are the items that I bought as presents for others. Yup, I actually got things for other people besides myself, hehe. When I first talked about my F21 buy, I was still wishy-washy about keeping/giving the necklace but I have decided to give it to one of my best gal pals whom I know will love this kind of fancy-ish jewelry. The top I got is for another gal pal. It's actually kinda difficult to get clothes for her since the girl is soooo tiny but I figure this top has a banded ruched waist and is very pretty and it is in a size S, though I would have preferred an XS but no luck on that front, that I can't help but think she'll love it. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the top will be ok on her.


Also in this shipment were my endless.com purchases - the Steve Madden Tsunamii motorcycle rainboots and my Reebok RunTones. I got both in a size 9. The rainboots didn't come in half sizes and based on my web research, most places recommended going a half size up if you're in between. That pic is of my eldest sis wearing 'em. My sisters did ask me why I got them cos they didn't understand it. I think they look really nice and the fact that they aren't pleather means that it'll last longer. I have an aversion to getting pleather footwear after my faux leather knee high boots disintegrated on me during the Paris sojourn last year. Another reason I like these boots is because I also don't have to constantly take care of them like I would have to with a leather pair. Plus, they don't really look like rubber boots at all cos they don't have that rubber sheen that rainboots tend to have. It just looks like a well-worn shade of black.


The Reebok RunTone's are also a good fit, according to my sis. These shoes do come in half sizes but I took into account the thickness of socks when I wear athletic shoes and decided to go a half size up. I can wear an 8 1/2 for pumps, wedges and the like but for shoes like boots and sneakers, I figure I will go a half size up to accommodate the additional space wearing socks will take up. I'm glad it panned out for me. It could have been a colossal Melissa Vinyl II mistake :)

That's actually all from this shipment. My share was only 4 out of the 11 packages total though the boots and RunTone's did account for a lot of the weightage. My LUSH goodies also arrived. My sister is completely loving her Christmas Candy gift set and has gone completely bonkers for the Snow Fairy 3-in-1. She wants me to get the biggest bottle available for her now that I've told her it's only a Christmas special. Her reaction has me really excited to have a whiff of mine. I'm truly looking forward to the Glogg as well. I'll probably do a post on that once I have the stuff in hand.