Thursday, December 9, 2010

maybe Haute Look didn't intentionally reject me

A couple of days ago I was trying to get some SIGG bottles on Haute look through the sample sale site's iPhone app. My sis had previously bought off of them via her app and it went through no issues so by virtue I should also be able to get stuff from them as well.

However when it came time for payment I kept getting a message that my card could not be authorized. This was the same message I kept getting when I was trying out the Sephora-To-Go iPhone app. I got my sis to try getting the stuff I wanted via her account but it was declined as well. So, I figured Haute Look had smartened up. Was a bit bummed but not bumming too hard :)

Then 3 days ago my sis tells me that she had gotten the two SIGG bottles I wanted. Turns out that the AMEX system was having issues and that's why I had been having problems with my last few online shopping tries. I guess I will try getting something from Haute Look and Sephora-To-Go to test it out since these were the two sites that gave me the authorization error message. For the rest, I'm pretty sure the rejection was due to the billing address so I'm not going to try Bath & Body Works or Piperlime again.

Anyways, the two bottles I got from SIGG are as pictured below.....


The SIGG bottle is great. My first AMEX online purchase sent to my Portland addy was of my silver wide mouth SIGG 1.0L bottle. Ever since using it in May, it has served me well and has already gotten plenty of battle scars from being accidentally knocked over or dropped on the floor. Nonetheless, I still love it. So I've been thinking that I just wanted another one. Another one being the 1.0L SIGG Root Over Rock bottle.

A couple of months ago, there had previously been a SIGG sale on another sample site, Beyond The Rack, which is where I first fell in love with the Root Over Rock design but it doesn't accept AMEX. My sis had bought stuff from them once or twice but when she tried to get this bottle for me, it was declined. Since then we haven't been able to shop there. So when I saw the SIGG event on Haute Look, I immediately browsed with finding this design in mind. As my luck would have it, it was on sale going for $12.99. The RRP on the SIGG site for this bottle is $24.99. I save 12 bucks on this so I'm good to go.

I also decided to get my gal pal a bottle as well. This is the same gal pal who I got the F21 embroidered motif top. I can't just give her one top so I had been trying to find something else to get her and the 0.6L SIGG SteelWorks wide mouth bottle in candy pink is perfect. She's starting to get seriously into running or exercise or something so she'll need to hydrate. What better than a really cute yet functional SIGG? Plus, the gorgeous, attention-grabbing colour will make it easy to differentiate from other people's water bottles. It retails for $19.99 on the SIGG site but on Haute Look it was going for $8.99.

Pretty great bargain's all around. I'm happy with the purchase and I can't wait to get my new SIGG bottle. I think it's keeping with my grey obsession that I'm so enamoured with this design. I can't help but feel that the fuschia pink tree on the light grey background is just sooooo pretty. Plus, I like the whole tree motif - it reminds me of the Tree Of Life, which is something I've kinda been appreciating lately for some reason or another :) Ok, I don't think I can wax lyrical about bottles much so I'm just going to stop now.