Monday, December 6, 2010

i got these at the same time.....

I was buying the stuff from Overstock.com. I know I've been spending a lot this holiday season. I can't help but want to take advantage of all the holiday deals and though I don't celebrate Christmas in any way, nor Thanksgiving for that matter, I do appreciate the bargains galore that come attached with these two holidays.

Anyways, I was doing simultaneous shopping at Overstock as well as Walmart. I have been loving the Norma Kamali diffusion line offered via Walmart.com ever since it debuted. In this purchase, bar for one Faded Glory tunic shirt, everything I got was from the Norma Kamali line. And the best part was everything was on clearance sale!

I got a few things for myself but I also got two items for one of my gal pals for her birthday. Ok, I know some people would judge getting someone a gift on clearance, and from Walmart to boot, but I feel that if the gift is something you know the person you're gifting it to will love, it doesn't matter the cost or place it was gotten from. And the Norma Kamali line is a well thought out collection. Ok, defensive much, Zlena? Lol, but seriously, I do stand by my words and if I were to receive something from Walmart as a gift, regardless full price or clearance, I would be happy if the gift was something I truly would love.


On to the actual items purchased. First up we have this Norma Kamali jersey maxi dress in charcoal stripes. Yup, my maxi dress obsession continues. As does the stripes obsession. That's 3 maxi dresses and 3 striped items in one month. I have no explanation for it. I just love me some long dresses and striped clothing. And shoes and blazers but my obsessive tendencies are a whole other matter. Back to the matter at hand, I am going through a phase of loving grey. I am just loving the colour to death and am trying to amass as many grey clothing as I can from the looks of my shopping history :) Anyways, I loved the heather grey racerback maxi dress that I got from Norma Kamali the last time and I thought this striped version would be a great buy too. I love the feel of the material - so soft - and I think the cut is very flattering. I did decide to go with a size S this time cos the previous one I got was a size M and it was slightly too big. God only knows if I'll be able to fit into this but if the cutting is the same as the one I already have then I don't think it will be a problem.

Then we have the boyfriend vest in black stripes. Hmmm, looks like we are continuing with the stripes theme. I didn't realize that my vest was also part of the stripes brigade till I typed it out. Looks like its 4 striped items this month. Ok, so I am also a vest lover. I have loads of vests. Let's just make things easier and just make a blanket statement that I'm basically obsessed with clothes. I thought the look of this vest was so masculine/feminine. I like that it'll look great for work as well as over casual tees. Plus, I think I was thinking of Dmitry Chaplin when I decided to get this vest for myself. He looked so darn good wearing a vest similar to this during his Argentine tango dance with Mya on DWTS as well as on Ellen that I partially got this so I could be reminded of the awesomeness of Dmitry Chaplin rocking a vest, lol.

Final item from my personal Norma Kamali haul is this drawstring hooded french terry tunic sweatshirt in black. I had been eyeing this for the past 2 months and was always reluctant to pay the 25 dollar price tag. I came close many times to checking it out but I am sooooooo glad I waited cos I got this for just 8 bucks. That's a 17 dollar savings, guys! Love it when I get to save money like this! I already own another Norma Kamali tunic sweatshirt that has a drawstring waist. I got that one in an L but for this time I went with an M cos the L is very oversized though definitely still wearable. This design is slighly different as the drawstrings are on the cuffs as well as the hem. I don't know how flattering a cut it'll be though.

Last item I got for myself is this cute printed tunic shirt from Faded Glory. It was also something I had been looking at but didn't want to pay the 9 bucks sale price, lol. Then I saw it had gone down to 5 bucks. Feeling that that was finally a deal I could get on board with and so I got it, hehe.

These next items are birthday prezzies for the gal pal I got the F21 embroidered motif top for. Next years' birthday that is. The F21 top I got is a belated 2010 birthday gift since the original gift I got her did not pan out. Anyways, I got her the same Norma Kamali boyfriend vest I got for myself but hers is in solid black. I first picked the vest for her cos she had told me off hand earlier this year that she was looking for a collar-less vest. I had been casually keeping my eye out for a vest that would fit her requirements - she is a bit of a picky person - and when I saw this, I thought it would be perfect for her. I got this in XS cos Norma Kamali sizes sometimes tend to run a lil larger and the girl is a wisp. She may have found her vest already but it doesn't hurt to own another pair :) I also got her this flutter sleeve sheer georgette blouse, also in XS, cos I think it's something that's to her taste. I think the top is very feminine and pretty and definitely something she can wear to work. I can see her totally rocking the shirt/vest combo.


And that's all from my Walmart haul. My total cost for everything was $55.82. It was a complete bargain and I couldn't be more happier with these purchases :D

UPDATE (09/12/2010):
As of last check on my Posted iPhone app, which I love love love btw - best $1.99 I've spent on an app, my Walmart package is in Lewisberry, Pennsylvania. Should arrive by Monday in Portland I guess.