Friday, December 10, 2010

i'd like to introduce.....


That's right! That's my latest plaything, my slip of an iPad. I understand it now. I truly do, I get why people go nuts over this exquisite piece of tech gadgetry. I too am in love!

Dramatics aside, I have to say that despite not even yearning for an iPad prior to my impulsive decision to get it last week, I realize that it makes my life soooo much easier. I received my iPad when my uncle and his family came up for a visit on Monday. Since then I've just been testing it out, trying to get a feel of it and how I'm going to incorporate it into my life. And I find it to be one of the most useful technological innovation that I've ever had the pleasure of owning.


Now, it's not like I've never held an iPad prior but I just wasn't able to get fully into it since the times I did use my sister's iPad was just to beat her high score playing Veggie Samurai, lol. Anyways, I've been using it exclusively at work for the past couple of days and aside from making my reports, it can practically replace my Netty in terms of functionality (I still love you, Netty!). One of the many things that impressed me about the iPad is its battery life. I can use it to play music while reading my e-magazines, watch a bunch of my TV shows, play my free Mahjong Tiles, answer my emails, do some comparison shopping as well as some actual shopping and track my shipped packages AND the battery will still be at 74% charge!

But I think my most favourite thing about it is the fact that it makes reading my PDF magazines such a joy in simplicity. Even with my Asus I have to deal with lag when scrolling through the pages but with the free app PDF Notes, I only have to wait during the magazine's first load and then it is just easy, breezy browsing from then on. I love it, it makes me feel as if I'm actually thumbing through an actual paper mag! I haven't tried reading my kindle books as yet, only tested it out a lil bit but I'm guessing the experience is going to be similar! Which means it's going to be a complete lovefest!

Aside from reading mags, playing free games, watching my shows, listening to Glee and testing a myriad of free apps - I've only bought one so far - the Scene It! Harry Potter game - and updating the firmware to 4.2.1, I've just been getting to know my iPad a lil better. But from what I've gleaned so far - I am in lurve!