Tuesday, July 24, 2012

thanks drugstore dollars!


I've been trying to find the cheapest place to get the Bare Escentuals Pure Transformation Night Treatment after the whole Sephora order gt cancelled and after waffling between Amazon.com and Strawberrynet, I finally settled on getting it in the shade Medium through Beauty.com :p



I had $13.06 in drugstore dollars that I needed to spend and the site also gave me an email link for an additional $5 off of orders of $40 on non-perscription items. So that amounts to $18.06. Given that most sites selling beuaty products mainly give 20 off (eyeslipsface.com being the exception :D), I decided that putting my drugstore dollars towards the $60 cost of the Pure Transformation treatment would go a long way to soothe me if the stuff does not work out for me. Hey, 60 bucks for a face powder worn at night is a lot of money, okay!

Aside from the "free" cash, I also had another offer - buy $75 worth of products off of Beauty.com and receive the Mara Hoffman Designer Bag. It's basically the same deal like my Erin Fetherston train case. Only this time around, with different products and less 5 bucks in the free gift card. I was really attracted to the case though - it looks so native and the colour combo is just delicious :D Have a look for yourself.



I like the feather design and the bright orange hues just make it a fun case to carry. The stuff inside is a bonus. The offerings this time around are as follows:



Since the BE Pure Transformation Night Treatment is 60 bucks and I needed another 15 bucks to get the case, I decided to buy my Murad Acne Clarifying Toner as well.



I checked, double checked and triple checked to make sure that the toner was alcohol-free - it is. At $22, I was okay paying one buck more than if I had gotten it off of Amazon.com instead if it would help me get the Mara Hoffman free gift :)

With the discounts applied, my card was charged $63.94 - not a bad total, if I do say so myself :D

DISCLAIMER: All images derived from Beauty.com