Sunday, July 22, 2012

this is why i don't practice restraint :(


Here I was thinking I'll be good and wait till next month to make the purchase I want to make on 6pm.com but waiting cost me the quilted wallet/purse I wanted so, so, so badly :( Boohoo!

I am going through a MASSIVE quilted leather obsession right now. Ever since seeing the BCBGMaxAzria Quilted Large Satchel, I've suddenly been hit by a great yearning (crazy, I know :D) for all accessories quilted! So I have been looking high and low for the perfect quilted flats and the perfect quilted purse. And they must be black. I found the most perfect quilted flats in the Fitzwell Shona which I've talked about but I didn't share the quilted purse I had been eyeing on 6pm.com.

I saw this LOVE Moschino JC4056PP0VLI0 quilted wallet/purse on a chain and my first thought was, "Well the quilting looks perfect but that white stitching just puts me off." Case in point:



Look at how puffy that quilting is and you can actually wear this as a small handbag. There are 2 all-around zippered compartments and the purse closes with button snaps in the middle. It opens up to two sides of 6 card compartments each and has 2 currency slots at the top. It comes with a gold chain which snaps on on the inside of the purse so it can be carried on the shoulder. I loved everything about it EXCEPT the white contrast stitching. I mean, is that not tacky???

But the more I looked at it, the more I was convinced I could work with it. I could get a black fabric pen and colour in the white thread. I was so convinced that it would work, last night I actually spent time modifying the image of the purse in Paintbrush to see if it would look as good as I imagined it would. The results:



I'm not the best at image manipulation but what I did manage to do, I figure is a good enough representation of what it could be in real lfe. And I think it looks awesome. And it convinced me enough that I would get it come August. For $80.99, it was a real steal once I got through with it!

But this morning I woke up and I was lazily refreshing my browser and I got a message that the purse is no longer available. I'm devastated, disheartened, it even hurts a little. Yes, yes, in the grand scheme of things, it's only a purse, not the miracle that solves Dafur's problems. But lest we all forget, my blog is called "the inner workings of a FRIVOLOUS mind" :D

So my search continues now but I fear, I may not find one I like as much as I liked the LOVE Moschino JC4056PP0VLI0.....

DISCLAIMER: Original image screen capped from 6pm.com.