Friday, November 2, 2012

i'm probably spending too much when.....

my dad is sending me FB messages about my current credit card total, LOL.

I was on Facebook just now to look at the FB page of this retreat where we're having next year's company kick-off meeting in January and noticed I had some messages in my FB inbox. When I looked at the list, I saw something from my dad - the message starting with, "Sweetheart, FYI...." dated October 28th which was last week. Just goes to show that I'm not like the majority of Facebook users who practically live on the site :D

Anywho, I originally thought it was about my aunt who was having a mastectomy back home and that my dad thought I was not in the loop. Lo and behold, I opened it up and he had copied and pasted the online credit card statement for my perusal. Hehehe. Hey, half of the bill is his purchase! I was back in Homeland last month and we went to Ikea. There he decided to get a new dining table and some chairs to go with it and told me to use the MC Platinum. I did! I think he totally forgot about that and thinks I spent over 3k on online stuff :D

On the whole 'my aunt had a mastectomy' issue.....well, she had a biopsy the week before and after the results came back positive for cancer, she immediately went in for the mastectomy. She's out now and in recovery. This has kinda put all the women in my family on alert. We've never had any brushes with breast cancer before this. On my dad's side I've had relatives who have passed on due to pancreatic and bone cancer respectively but we've never had a history of breast cancer till now. I'm kinda unsure about everything after finding out about it on Monday that she was going in for surgery. This aunt is my mum's sister so now that's like a double whamm on the cancer gene - both sides of my family seem to be contributors. All I can think to do is just to be more aware of my body and what it's telling me. Other than that, it's all in God Almighty's hands.