Saturday, July 13, 2013

2013's skincare routine

I feel it's time to jot down 2013's skincare routine since it has changed significantly from the last time I did one of these posts. These are the products my skin is currently loving -


Cleansers
I've got three cleansers my skin depends on right now. In the morning, I'll use the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish cleanser. In the evening, I'll first take of makeup using the Korean brand Pure Beauty Perfect Cleansing Water for sensitive skin and follow it up with Soap & Glory's Peaches & Clean to ensure I've gotten all the days' makeup off of my face.

Toner
Forgot to put the toner into the pic above so here is it's pic gotten from Google Images -


It's Etude House's rather famous Wonder Pore Freshner. I like this toner, feels like it gets your face even more clean and readying it for the creams/lotions/serums you wanna slather on next. Plus, no tightness afterwards so it doesn't feel like your face is being stretched :) Yes, I'm a big fan of Korean beauty products.

Serum/Moisturiser/Lotion
Okay, I'm just using the Tarte Maracuja Oil for all the above. I do like it, it does absorb well and though I have naturally oily skin, it doesn't exercebate the oiliness further. I feel, for the past 6 months I've been using it, my skin has improved a lot. I don't get as much acne as I used to that's for sure. Plus, it looks like my pores have shrunk but again, it could all be a combo of the stuff I've been using.

Eye Cream
Currently I'm using the eye cream I got free in my Eco Bag from drugstore.com in May, 100% Pure Caffeine Eye Cream, Organic Coffee Bean. OMG, I love to use this for the scent alone. Smells so yummy, like a fancy cuppa for your eyes :D I think it's a nice product, it absorbs well into the area underneath the eyes and I feel like there is some improvement after using it. Let me finish off the tube and get back to you on it.

Treatment
Last but not least, Kate Somerville's D-Scar. Like I mentioned in the last post on the Sephora haul, a purchase that I didn't think too much about. I have been using this for roughly 2 weeks. I don't know if my eyes are deceiving me but that scar I talked about above my right eyebrow, I feel like it's filling in. But it could be my eyes and mind want to believe the stuff is working. I can't say for sure till the 8 weeks claim is up and I can indefinitely agree or disagree with the product. It's worth to note that I have only been using it at night cos I get lazy in the mornings. The product is not oily, absorbs well, has a nice scent.

I have to say, I'm so far really pleased with the combination of products I've got right now. I used to suffer from worse acne along my jawline even up till last year but whether it's the products/diet/aging, I haven't had to deal with anything too devastating. They've been tiny and easier to handle. Hopefully I can stick with this routine for longer than others I've documented on this site.