Saturday, July 13, 2013

hauling Cotton On - clothes

My first Cotton On online purchase was made back in early January of this year. Since then I think I've gotten stuff from them online a total of 4 times and in store once. I like their stuff and when it goes on sale, it can get really cheap. This wasn't one haul but spans one in-store purchase and two online hauls that included both clothing and home decor so I decided to break things up into 2 parts. This, as the title suggests, will concentrate only on apparel and accessories.

First up, my first in-store buy was this gorgeous, comfy robe. This wasn't the colour I got, I can't find mine online anymore which is a nice shades of blue and green polka dots that I'm actually wearing right now as I type this post up cos it's cold in my air-con room. I originally got this thinking I could use it as a bathrobe but since I only noticed once I had gotten it back home and taken off the price tag it's a fleece, blanket-ish material and the label did say "sleepwear", I figure I'm using it as a wearable blanket, hehehe. Okay, for comparisons sake, I'll take a pic of my robe. This was about USD18.89 from the RRP of about $25. I know it wasn't such a great discount but I really wanted it.


I also got these jelly sandals I had been eyeing online. When I saw these Jessica jelly gladiator sandals I thought they were perfect for where I live and work - it's the rainy season here right now and I am not too keen to ruin my nice, sometimes tres expensive, leather shoes :) They weren't on sale though and weren't that cheap either considering they're jelly shoes. I got these for about USD15.43. They've been good to me so far so perhaps they are well worth that price tag, hehe.


I also got this chic patterned blazer. This is the Simba blazer and it's officially my first patterned blazer in a style that are not vertical stripes :D. I feel it gives off a Hugh Hefner-ish, playboy mansion robe kinda vibe, lol. But I like it and it's really versatile in terms of how to syle it. It can be casual and office-appropriate. I've been wearing it to work over a black chiffon maxi dress or paired with a white shirt/sleeveless blouse and wide-leg black pants and I've also worn it over a cotton tee with jeans combo. And since it was roughly USD9.45, well, I have to say - SUPER DEAL!


Another piece I got for USD4.72 is the Charmed boho dress in the shade gardenia. Managed to fit myself into an XS for this, surprisingly :p


I think there was only one other thing I got, a crochet overlay sleveless dress but I can't find the image on Cotton On's site or anywhere else and I think I left it in Homeland. Anyways, that was a deal as well for about 5 bucks. Oh yeah, and I got some charity bracelet thing to help poverty or hunger in I wanna say Uganda but I can't remember right now. So, that rounds up the in-store purchase.

I'm always looking for nice, comfy, basic loungewear. So when I saw these Annika slub linen oversize long sleeve tees in both black and white going for about $4.72 each, I got 'em.


I would have gotten all the colours but it was only those 2 on sale but the next tee I got from a different style, the Divided oversize long sleeve, was also selling for the same price in the shade dazzling blue so I got that instead.


The next piece I got is what I will term as "Granny Chic" and what my sis simply refers to as "Granny" :D It's the Bernice Intarsia cardigan. Hehe, I love the naming system Cotton On has going for their products.....


And now to another footwear purchase. I found these lace crochet espadrilles so tres cute. And they were $4.72, I figure why not. These are the Nessie espadrille.


The sizing of Cotton On shoes are rather weird though. I normally fit an EU39 but that's too tight for me for Cotton On. When I tried the 39 for the jelly sandals, it was a fit with no room so I got the 40. With these, I also tried them in store but didn't get them then cos they weren't on sale. I tried the 39 and again - too tight so when I got them online in this gorgeous red I went for 40. On my right foot it's too loose. Sigh. But it's 5 bucks so can't really complain. I think this ends the first clothing haul from the online purchase. The rest of the stuff was home decor.

Next up from the start of my second online haul, this gorgeous blazer caught my eye. It's RRP was around $40.62 but it was on sale for USD9.45. LOL, I thought that was already a major score.


I was having issues with completing the purchase last week on my mac so when I finally realized it was likely a Safari browser issue, I used my Asus windows-based laptop to get my order in. By the time I got to the checkout cart and was looking over the total to be paid, I noticed that the amount had gone down from $128 to 92 bucks. So I was kinda flummoxed thinking that quite a few things in my cart were now OOS even though usually there'll be a message telling customers that things have been taken out of their cart due to the inventory not being there anymore. Then I looked at the list of stuff and noticed that the price of the jacket had gone done by 50% more. It was now going for $4.72!

And so was this one.....


And this one too.....


So I decided I could get one in another colour :D This is called Robinhood Green.


Other stuff that were going for USD4.72 were these bikini top and bottoms.....


Then I got these 2 sheer bras (black and white).....


and one unlined lace bra in a black and leopard print mix.....


For 94 cents each, lol!

The only truly pricey piece of clothing I got was this slinky gown. It was originally $39 but was on sale for about $24.88.


Yes, it's another robe BUT this one I can wear after a shower :D See, there's a MAJOH diffy.

The absolute last apparel in this haul was this chambray bomber. I honestly don't know why I got this other than cos it was 10 bucks. Lol, I was already way past the free shipping minimum but for some reason could not pass this jacket up.


And thus completes this absurdly long, graphical posts. I'm too lazy to tally up the clothing haul but it doesn't add up to more than a hundred smackaroos I bet :) Okay, disclaimer time - aside from the 2 pics that have the blog's watermark, all other images were borrowed from Cotton On's website for illustrative purposes :D