Saturday, July 13, 2013

2013's working week makeup routine

I originally wanted to call this 2013's daily makeup routine but then I realized that I don't bother to put anything on on weekends so that would be like false advertising :D

Honestly, these products, aside from the Benetint, are all first tested this year, some longer than others. Counting out the Benetint which I started using in 2006, the Cargo blu_ray compact is the "oldest" product in the group while Benefit's The POREfessional is the most recent addition to the routine.


Right, you can tell I don't really put much on my face. Definitely no bothering with concealer or any eye product, lol. I've gotten this routine down to give or take 7 minutes inclusive of wait time.

Primer
It's new in the bunch but after 2 weeks, I can say, I'm liking it a lot. When I have more time I will actually do the priming properly but more often than not, how I put this on is by squeezing out a bit on to the back of my left hand then pumping a whole pump of the Naked Skin foundation onto it and mixing. Whichever way I use it, it always makes the foundation, and my skin, look so much smoother. It really does fill in the more noticeable pores by the sides of my nose to give the illusion that I have none :D The POREfessional is a PROfessional in that respect <- couldn't resist being cheesy :D

Foundation & Concealer
Urban Decay's Naked Skin. I wanted to really like this foundation, I truly did. I actually feel that I'm a little bit in love with it :) What can I say, it's light, this one, but the coverage is good. That's what I love about it, the lightness. I would say more of a light to medium coverage on this one. I don't know if you could do a full coverage as I've never gone more than a pump and even then I feel I have overused. As mentioned above, it's made even better mixed with The POREfessional. I apply this using my ELF foundation brush. Let me tell you, the combo of these three produces an absolute satisfied customer in moi. I wasn't feeling that foundation brush before this but now, can't do without it! Usually, when I'm done with the full face coverage, I'll have more than enough leftover for some concealing. I usually dab on some under my eyes and over the hyperpigmented areas of my face and it does the job of cover-up.

Lip/Cheek
Benetint, mi amor. I do love thee, my lil multitasker. I usually don't bother with my cheeks for work but when I do use this on the apples of the cheek, it gives a very natural looking flush and warms up the face. I mainly just use this on my lips primarily so that I don't look like I'm dying. The rose red hue gives my lips some life as well as covering the blackened areas of my lips. I know that sounds rather gross but I am trying to figure out how to lighten the sides of my lips so give me a break. I feel Benetint gives my lips a healthy look and since it's a stain, definitely lasts the whole day. One drawback would be tha if your lips get too dry and flake, well, stains in general never help to improve that look, hehehe.

Finishing Powder
I've written an entire post on the Cargo blu_ray HD powder as my HG pressed powder. It remains so. I do love using this to set my makeup. Granted, the lack of SPF would put some people off and normally I wouldn't be into that either but the finish this gives you is so nice and I always look better in photos because of it. I still love it, I do. I'll just get the SPF from elsewhere :)

LOL, doing this post has made me realize that there is no SPF anywhere in my skincare OR makeup routine. I was under the mistaken impression that the Urban Decay foundation had some SPF but it doesn't. Was going to type at the end of my finishing powder segment that that's what I have the foundation for but when I went to find out the SPF count, I learned there was none. No wonder I don't get any of that horrible white cast in photos :D I guess I'll need to add in the spf somewhere, just haven't figured out exactly where :p