Saturday, July 13, 2013

hauling Sephora - Bath & Body, Skincare and Makeup

I was back in Homeland at the end of June and needed to restock some essential (maybe I'm stretching here) beauty products. I had a 10% discount from points I accrued on my Sephora card which was ending in August so decided to make use of that coupon on this trip. I got the following -


What I really needed was only the Peaches & Clean cleanser, the rest was really more of a want than a need. As can be seen, a lot of Soap & Glory products. I'm a big fan of their stuff. From the set I got last year, I've finished off the Sugar Crush body polish, hence why I got a new one (different type - it's Flake Away - cos Sugar Crush isn't available in body scrub form at the Homeland Sephora) even though I still have a halfway full bottle of Dove body scrub, and I'm at the very bottom of the bottle for the cleanser. I'm nearly done with the body wash as well. I decided to get the Scrub Your Nose In It cos my sis and the gal pal I was shopping with raved about it. The Glad Hair Day shampoo and conditioner I decided to go for the full size versions trading up from the travel ones I got last year.

I also got the tube of Kate Somerville's D-Scar. It's supposed to promote skin regeneration for scarring that has occured on the facial surface. I was convinced by the SA to try this out, it was not in the list of things I wanted to buy but she gave a good enough sales pitch that I caved and got it. The product actually claims to repair even old scars so I'm putting that to the test - I have an ancient scar above my right eyebrow that was caused by a rope burn and we'll see if this formulation is as miracle as it purports to be :D

Finally caved and got Benefit's The POREfessional. Was actually looking at the Posietint but when I tested it out, I didn't like the thick consistency of the product. The formulation is definitely thicker than my all-time lip stain Benetint. A different SA manning the Benefit display than asked if I wanted to give The POREfessional a go. I deliberated for a few minutes before putting it in my basket. I have been looking at it for the longest time, since my Hong Kong trip in 2011 so I guess 2 years on, I should just get it with a 10% discount :)

Lastly, as I was paying at the counter, I saw Benefit had the tint trio called Get Cheeky (small tubes of Posietint, Cha Cha Tint and Sun Beam) which is this -


I forgot to include it in the collective above so I just got the image off of Sephora. This means that image is not mine :) Anyways, this was the best way to try the other variations of the stains without committing to a full bottle and then not liking it. After testing it out, I actually find myself liking Cha Cha Tint.

Overall, the entire haul cost me about USD145 after discount was applied. All my shopping qualified me for another 10% discount expiring in January 2014 so when stuff needs to get replenished, I'll have another coupon at my disposal!