Sunday, January 29, 2012

had a $10 coupon from beauty.com

The last time I ordered some stuff from drugstore.com, I received a Beauty.com christmas catalog offering me $10 off any 40 dollar purchase. The catch is, you gotta get something from a brand featured in the catalog. The offer was valid till 31st January 2012. Which is coming up in a few days.

I was looking over some stuff but nothing truly made me wanna get anything. Murad is one of the brands I could get but since I already buy my Murad stuff from Strawberrynet with free shipping, I wasn't enticed to use my tenner to get their stuff from Beauty.com. I thought if I'm gonna use it, I want something that isn't so easy to get. Such as something from Urban Decay which is another brand featured in the catalog. Urban Decay products in my local Sephora have seriously jacked-up prices, if I can avoid getting them locally I do. Unfortunately, Strawberrynet does not carry Urban Decay just yet so if I were to get anything, I'll have to pay the shipping costs to Homeland. So I was waiting for something truly worth it.

Back in December 2011, I was watching a Youtube video review of the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette by Amarixe, a friend of MissGlamorazzi and I was really impressed with this reinvention of the original Urban Decay bestseller palette. The original Naked is always sold out online and even in stores, it's difficult to find. Anyways, Amarixe had gotten hers via the Urban Decay website since it was on a limited release but this iteration of the Naked palette also proved to be a bestseller as the site could not keep it stocked to even last an hour or two before it sold out again. Other retailers would only be receiving it in January. I wasn't particularly interested in stalking the website for the palette so I knew I could wait till it was released to other e-tailers.

I had completely forgotten about it till today when I saw an email from Ulta.com telling me the palette had launched. I immediately figured that that would mean it had launched elsewhere. I remembered my 10 dollar coupon and decided to check out Beauty.com. True enough the palette was available and in stock. I didn't hesitate too long before I got it :)


This palette consists of 12 full size eyeshadows, a dual-ended eye brush and even a mini lip gloss. The noticeable difference between this palette and the original is that the Naked 2 eyeshadow compilation has cooler undertones whilst the Naked palette is definitely warmer.

I'm really pleased I managed to snag this palette at a discount. Naked 2 retails at USD50 but with my tenner discount, I paid 40 dollars for this. I basically got a 20% discount on this. I'm happy.

DISCLAIMER:
Image comes from amarixe.com. She takes incredible product shots I was compelled to use her photo rather than the stock photo on retail sites. She's a great Beauty Guru too :)