Saturday, January 14, 2012

let the 2012 shopping begin!

My choices are limited - I can't buy anymore bags which I've declared to any and all of my co-conspirators (yet somehow my sis still plays devils advocate ALL THE TIME - y'know, there is such a thing as having too many Balenciaga's, Sis!). I am also swearing off buying clothes online till the next end-of-year sale season arrives. Yes, I gave myself a lil wiggle room there, if I am getting clothes in person, perhaps whilst on holiday, it's okay. Bags are a no-no year round. Since those are my biggest weaknesses and are off limits, what can I do about my insatiable thirst for shopping? There's always books, shoes and beauty buys! And the 2012 shopping marathon began with a shoe purchase. Two of them if we're getting all specific :D

Shoes! I love shoes! I bought the most amount of shoes in a span of one year in 2011. Ok, the most shoes I got in a year was probably when I was in my last year of uni eons ago. The 2011 shoe haul is more of a recent events kinda thing. Anywho, I was thinking of swearing off shoes as well but then I'd be setting myself up for imminent failure. Therefore shoes remained on the buy list.

Back to the buy. Haute Look had a Corso Como sale about 2 days ago. To avoid temptation, I have been deleting the emails coming in from the various sample sites I'm subscribed to as soon as they come in. Of course, I'll have a quick glance at the subject first to see if there's anything interesting before trashing them. But the Corso Como event was actually something I was reminded of by Haute Look two days before it started. So it was really already implanted in my subconscious and when the day of the sale came around, I made sure I was in the event right as it started. I mainly wanted to be sure I would be able to snag something if there was something to be snagged. Sales like Corso Como, especially when the Ballasox range is involved, often run out of sizes or even sell out practically in a blink of an eye.

Once I was in and had managed to snag 2 of the Ballasox flats, I ruminated on whether I truly wanted to get them. I had a 15 minute window for each shoes to come to a decision - yay or nay. At the price point these shoes were going for, I could not go with any other decision but yay. I got another of the Festive flats but this time in snake-print embossed leather. The official shade/style is called black naja.


And the other pair was the Factor flats. Similar in style to the Festive flats but with a penny loafer design. I figured these were a rather cute spin on the traditional ballet flat design. Plus, I've been thinking about getting a pair of penny loafers anyways.


And they are both patent. The shoes were marked down significantly. The Festive flats were $29 and the Factor flats were $25 bringing y total to $61.95 inclusive of shipping to Portland. it basically translates to a BOGO free type of deal.

Honestly, was this a purhase I needed to make? That's a no. I just wanted them simply because I liked them and they were to good of a bargain to pass up. My original Corso Como black flats are still in great condition, I rarely wear them cos I'm trying to preserve it for some reason, but now that I've gotten another, I can finally use the ones I already own with impunity. I mean, these flats retail at 60 plus dollars AND they are leather. The only time I can reasonably justify a purchase of these shoes is when they are on sale. Only then is the total cost of shoes and shipping worth the money.

So these have gotten the ball rolling feet-wise. And trust me, I ain't done just yet. I am currently also totally coveting a pair of wedges on Sole Society but am holding out for a sale or a promo before I make a commitment. It's these pair, right here.


These are the Talia wedges and I am loving the colour-blocking on these shoes. The faux snake pattern on the heel totally sold me on this shoe. And I guess I'm still in love with blush hues. But I'll wait, give it a couple of months, maybe get them as a small birthday gift for myself in March :)

Ok, that's it, for now, on the shopping front :)

DISCLAIMER:
Images of the Corso Como flats were derived from Amazon.com and the Talia wedge is a screencap off of Sole Society.