Sunday, September 9, 2012

am i a soothsayer?!?


Hehe, Kimi loves to tell people he is 'not a soothsayer' so he cannot predict/guess the outcome of a race or situation before it happens. He always says we'll live through it and then look at the results then :D I, on the other hand.....

5th, I said he'd need to finish 5th and that's where he finished! Kimi Raikkonen is now third in the WDC standings! Okay, my earlier calculations were off to be honest. I thought that Kimi had a point more than he did so if he had really finished 5th and whatever happened in the Italian GP did not happen, he would have been 4th still cos Hamilton would still have jumped him into third and Vettel would still have been second going into the Singapore GP.

Anyways, 5th was what he needed, 5th was what he got. He is now 38 points behind Fernando Alonso who is on 179 and a point behind Hamilton who moves into second with 142. Hamilton won Monza today ahead of Sergio Perez and Nando. I have to say the star of the race for me is definitely Sergio Perez. He came from 12th to finish second by running the longest first stint out of everybody then steadily hunted down THREE former world champions before settling behind Lewis. If the race was a little longer, Sergio definitely would have caught up. I think he was about 5 seconds out when they crossed the finish line on the 53rd lap. The best part is that both Red Bull drivers failed to score a point as some part of Sebastan's car failed him and he had to stop immediately on track to save his engine from blowing up and Mark Webber possibly incurred the same issues cos he retired on the penultimate lap I believe. Jenson Button, who I have to just say I do not like because he comes across as so smug, also retired while in second due to some fuel thingamagy failing.

It simply wasn't a great day for Renault in general. The highest Renault finisher was Kimi. I think he really drove a game-saving race this time around. Plus, the way he 1-stopped the race was completely incredible cos he was one of the earliest to pit for his set of hards and he made them last over 30 laps, if I'm not mistaken. He is definitely playing the long game in this championship and I have been completely impressed. However, that Lotus E-20 needs to find pace cos Kimi NEEDS to have some race wins in order to continue in serious contention for the 2012 WDC.

Right, I'm a bit bummed there's gonna be a 2-week respite from F1 till Singapore GP but I think it's gonna be a good thing cos I have been tweeting (and blogging) F1 like C-R-A-Z-Y :D.

UPDATE:
OMG! I may be a soothsayer after all. In THIS post, I actually said I will pray for Alonso to DNF at SPA and that is what happened! Coincidence?!?! Hmmmm?!?!?! *raises an eyebrow* Maybe I should make a bold prediction or something for the Singapore GP.....talking about the Sing GP, I can't seem to remember who won there last year, lol. And I was there! My focus was entirely on Linkin Park :D