Saturday, September 22, 2012

and now i'm addicted to groupon-style sites!

Sheesh! I really can't sit in front of computers with internet access on weekends, man!

I just spent another 50 bucks buying rubbish I don't need, for goodness sake! I mean I bought these.....



LOL. I bought 5 deals from 2 different sites. The first was the Lipodress which was roughly $12.79. It's a shaping tube innerwear. I was eyeing something similar on Amazon.com called cocoon dress that was selling for 20-plus so this was a better deal all around. I'm always looking for innerwear/shapewear that is tunic length so this really seemed like a great purchase. Plus, it not only can be worn long, it can also be scrunched up shorther to wear as a tube top. Win-win all around, I guess. Since the site is based in Homeland, I don't have to think about spending on shipping costs if I had gotten it off of Amazon instead.

I was also on another similar-style site where I got the remaining deals. First thing that caught my eye were these slimming socks. OMG, LOL. I can't believe I got suckered into getting these, hehehe! Supposedly you wear these during sleeping. Honestly, I don't particularly believe they will work to slim you down but what i hope they'll do for me is improve my blood circulation. I'm costantly getting numbness in my legs/feet and I HATE that pins and needles feeling. It makes me feel like my legs aren't apart of me! I have a pair of compression socks that I got for travelling and have been wearing those at home to help. I figured I might as well add these to my wardrobe considering they are overnight slimming sock and should be worn to bed :D This was a $19.02 deal for 2 pairs. I got mine both in black.

Next, I saw this deal for "2 Big Waterproof Foldable Street Shopper Pocket Handbag". I got a RUME bag back in 2009 and that has served me sooooooooo well but when I was using it yesterday, I saw that the bag has minute holes/tears/??? which got me upset. I know I've abused my RUME but I figured it was going to last me longer than this. Sigh. So, in my impulsive way, I decided to get these as replacements. I mean it's TWO foldable waterproof bags for USD equivalent $13.12.

Then i decided to get these handbag organizers. Yes, I have the expensive one whose brand I can't seem to recall right now but I decided to get these "Practical and Trendy Korean Style Handbag Organiser" in bright colours so it's easier to rummage through. The one I currently use is a dark brown which makes it difficult to see when inside my cavernous dark bags so I decided I'll get these cheapie ones in coral orange and rose pink. I know that the point of bag organizers is so that you can easily transfer the contents of what you normally carry in a handbag from one bag to another without hassle so I really don't need 2, do I? But the deal was $15.41 for two of 'em so it's not like I had a choice in the matter :P.

Trendy Top - The Solution to Fashion Malfunctions! LOL, honestly, what in the world have I been buying?!?!?! These are those half slips you wear under shorter tops so that when you reach up or squat/bend down, you're not flashing people unsightly muffin tops or butt cracks, hehehe. I saw these on Amazon as well and thought about getting them. Again the whole shipping costs from US to Homeland truly deterred me but since Homeland site was doing a promo, I thought, wth not! It was going for approximately $13.09. You get 2 pieces in one pack. These came in nude and black, tres perfect!

Ok, I just totaled everything up and it costs more than 50 bucks. 50 bucks simply got me stuff at the one site only. Everything cumulatively amounted to roughly $70.15. Okay, am really gonna stop now. I got other stuff I wanna buy but all these unexpected rubbish I keep spending money on is killing me :D

DISCLAIMER:
All images screen capped from the deals sites. I own nothing :)