Sunday, September 16, 2012

subversive advertising at its best


I have officially been suckered in. I want one of those satchels from The Cambridge Satchel Company!

Since I've been forced to stream F1, I watch it on SkySports F1 HD cos honestly, that's where I can get the best stream. I'll usually have it on an hour before the events and there'll be all these British ads running. One of the adverts is a Google Chrome ad which features the founder of The Cambridge Satchel Company, Julie Deane. I kept seeing it race weekend upon race weekend but in a distracted way since I would also be doing other things whilst waiting for qualies/race to start. Till Monza that is. I was actually paying attention to the pre-race show and when the ad came up, I was completely charmed! I love the backstory, it was so inspiring. How something she dreamt up to help her kids became this cult phenomenon. And the bags are reasonably priced which is such a big plus :).

I'm definitely going to get one. I've decided on the design and size. I am going for the 15 inch Batchel which retails for GBP93. I just haven't completely settled on the shade just yet. I'm trying to avoid the black so it's really between the dark brown or the vintage. Right now, the vintage is winning out slightly.



Gorgeous, ain't it? I'm still thinking it over a bit. My sis is planning on a London escapade for her babymoon so I'm thinking of getting this when she goes there. Otherwise, the online store does deliver to Homeland so I wouldn't necessarily have to wait on her will she/won't she on the whole babymoon destination thing. It'll just be an additional 20 pounds for Fedex shipping. Of course I'd love to avoid paying for that, hehehe.

DISCLAIMER:
Image was screen capped off of The Cambridge Satchel Company site. It does not belong to moi.