Wednesday, December 24, 2008

cheap and adorable

Last weekend I was out and about around town, basically whiling away a Saturday afternoon trawling the markets when I found these completely adorable pair of sunnies. As are many other girls out there, I am always attracted to butterfly motifs and these pair of shades with the butterflies as the hinge of the frame totally caught my eye. Love the fact that the frame's colour fades to transparent with a brownish tint for the bottom-half under the lenses, the partnering of the brown-orangey frames and the gold hardware lends the shades an expensive retro feel but what ultimately won me over was its price tag of 3 dollars!



Once back home, I decided to google the makers, Kaluosha was written on the inside of the frame, and waddaya know.....they're manufactured in China. That solves the mystery of the bargain price, although the price listed on the website I looked at was for USD17.95. No matter, I'm not bothered about China-made products as long as its not food items. The design looks fantastic, the quality is great and it cost me all of three dollars. I like the name as well, Kaluosha sounds very Hawaiian, although I think that there is a Chinese meaning to the word. The only downside to it is the top of the butterfly wings like to get caught in my hair when I take them off. A small inconvenience I can live with.

My bottom line is, there's always a place for an extra pair of sunnies especially when the price is right :)