Saturday, December 27, 2008

a lil celebratory gift for moi

I'm sooooo excited! As the post title suggests, I bought an 'I got promoted and a salary hike' gift for myself in the form of a 'Mulberry East West Bayswater' shoulder bag in raspberry! It cost me a little less than USD500 after a bit of discount as the Mulberry boutique was having an end-of-season sale. I love sales! I love bags! And I've always wanted to own a Mulberry Bayswater!

Since my sister was the actual person who was doing the shopping and got it for me, I don't have my grubby hands on it as yet. I'll have to wait for when she comes for a visit in January before I can fully appreciate my new purchase but it is exactly as depicted in the picture below:



Made out of spazzalato leather, it is a smaller take on Mulberry's iconic Bayswater. The East West Bayswater features the signature postman lock closure in an antique brass finish, an interior zipped pocket, an interior belt strap to enable widening for extra space (a feature I most appreciate), a unique high gloss shine to its leather and a handle drop of 7.5 inches which will enable me to have it comfortably slung on my shoulder or handily resting in the crook of my elbow. Other keywords I love to hear when describing leather goods are "soft to touch" as well as "will age naturally and become more characteristic with use" (although I hope this doesn't means scratches or stains easily).

Anyways, this will officially mark the stop of all bag-buying activities as I already bought a store shelf's worth this year alone. I declare 2009 to be a bag puchasing free year. Ok, so I've made this declaration before and it did not work out so well but maybe this time, with the vow made in a more public manner, I'll actually be able to keep to it. My pride and self-control is at stake.....unless, of course, a proposed sister bonding trip to gay Paree ends up happening then I will allow a teeny tiny LV caveat as it is supposedly THE place for a person to become a Louis Vuitton owner (not too sure what exactly dirt cheap means when it comes to LV but apparently Paris is where LV is considered just that). But otherwise, I hereby declare, 2009 as "Zlena's No Bag-Buying Year"

UPDATE:
My sis sent me some pics of my new purchase and I am totally loving the colour as well as the glossiness of the leather. I'm also really glad I went for the East West Bayswater instead of the normal sized Bayswater as the shape and size should suit my 5' 4" frame much better than the larger bag. Feast them eyes on the new addition to my burgeoning handbag collection, the raspberry Mulberry East West Bayswater.....



Simply stunning and completely gorgeous! Isn't it adorable how the second pic makes it seem as if its looking out the window and admiring the view?