Tuesday, December 30, 2008

i covet.....Naturalizer's Azle Sandals in Bronze


A warning passed out at shopaholics anonymous meetings that this temporarily rehabbing shopanista did not follow is to NEVER trawl the mall on your lunch break or you'll end up coveting things you can't exactly afford to buy! Anyways, there I was walking around the department store decorated with signs notifying everyone there was up to 70% discounts available, just browsing, and my eyes land on these gorgeous bronze sandals. I pick 'em up, my size, I put them on my feet, feels good, I turn to ask the SA how many percent off.....alas, I choose to covet the item from a brand that is NOT on sale. But the heart wants what it wants and my heart wants the Azle sandals. I realized after searching the web and googling till my arms are about to drop off that it's an old model. I can't seem to even find it on the Naturalizer site but I still can't help but covet it.

The design is very gladiator-inspired which makes it quite in-trend and the metallic bronze tone gives it a chic feel. I own 2 pairs of Naturalizer platform sandals so I can attest that they are one of the most comfortable footwear companies out there. I have broad feet and it is always difficult to find shoes that accommodate the unfortunate width of my feet while allowing a sense of style but from what I've experienced with Naturalizer, they have been able to create the best marriage between style and substance. Granted, these slides are actual 4 inch heels and not the platforms I'm used to but they just look so darn good! There's a pair calling out to me at the mall but at USD65, I'm quite reluctant to part with that much cash for an 'out-of-season' model. What makes it more unfortunate is I don't see them going on sale anytime.

I can't make another purchase after my big Mulberry buy so it looks like it's a pass on the shoes. For now. Ask me again in March when it's my birthday, I'd probably have bought it as a lil birthday gift to myself. If they are still in stock that is.